WSN ~ Henglong Tiger I Transference

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Re: WSN ~ Henglong Tiger I Transference

Post by Jnewboy »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Nice.........I'm doing a winter 'early now, and Im always looking to get the right look.
Any idea on the fate of 233 that was quite conveniently photographed for you !!?
It took some serious searching to find it knocked out. I don't know but looks like it took some damage to the track, maybe a mine? It's always sad when you see the crew all smiles and enthusiastic knowing what the fate was for many of them, but if they hit a mine they may have got out ok.
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

This is just terrific Jon!!!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Was the winter wash water based?
Best, Guy
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

jumpugly wrote:This is just terrific Jon!!!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Was the winter wash water based?
Best, Guy
White wash was hairspray method using Acrylic Tamiya white but it is brushed on, not airbrushed.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Some updates

Tracks painted, nothing to fancy, Dark brown mixed with gunmetal airbrushed on then drybrush the top with steel. After the snow goes on you wont see much anyway.

Image20180726_211720 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Magic Grime really makes it come alive after the white wash and tools are painted. Filter, wash and streak all at once!

Image20180726_211428 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Image20180726_210847 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Some detail shots, primer painted where Zimmerit has chipped off, impacts, engine deck, fractures, rust starting...

Image20180726_211446 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Image20180726_211547 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Image20180726_211510 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Image20180726_211639 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Next is final assembly and snow! 8)
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Awesome work with the camouflage and weathering Jon, the heavy grime looks great. A much more realistic take than a pristine white paintjob! Since I live in Australia I obviously don't know much about snow (it's been >20°C during the day the last couple weeks), except that it makes a hell of a mess. You've nailed that look perfectly.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Raminator wrote:Awesome work with the camouflage and weathering Jon, the heavy grime looks great. A much more realistic take than a pristine white paintjob! Since I live in Australia I obviously don't know much about snow (it's been >20°C during the day the last couple weeks), except that it makes a hell of a mess. You've nailed that look perfectly.
Thanks! :thumbup:
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Image20180730_103240 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Several people have asked over the years about how I do my snow. It is fairly simple, mix artificial snow from woodland scenic with Elmers glue until it has the consistency of thin toothpaste then dab it on, the glue will dry up clear leaving the snow fixed, on the tracks do the same but also sprinkle the snow on after it is applied for the fresh snow texture and look. Add it to the top in logical places, flat surfaces, run off areas and avoid the engine deck due to heat.

Image20180731_125821 by jon newsom, on Flickr
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Done.

Image20180731_125657 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Image20180731_130246 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Image20180731_125601 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Ill post the whole set of pics to the Show Off Forum today.

Stay thirsty my friends 8)
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Beautifully realized Jon!!!!!! Just fantastic workmanship!!!
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Thanks!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”