Panzer Vor

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Negaduck
Recruit

Panzer Vor

Post by Negaduck »

A project that's been in the works for a long time and it all started with this Panzer III

with a lot of cutting and a VERY disappointing experience with an online store I have started a conversion to build a Stug III F. I even went as far as to buy the heng long stug to use as a ref for mounting the gun

right now i got the track tensioners and a set of low/low gear boxes(Taigen PS III) to mount before i will work on the upper hull again. missing parts from the conversion kit with no reply to emails about it is dragging it down >:< . I can live without the gunner sight and i can make the 2 gun wormer holders but the front armour plate and the ventilator cover would have been nice to have but as you can see i've got a set of metal doors for the driver. Still not what i want to do with all the filling that i now will have to do.

Now for the part list that i want for this
winter metal tracks
metal road wheels,return roll, suspension, shock absorbers
Taigan recoil

this build may be a slow one but at least i know how i'm going to paint it. there is a clue here of how it may look but i'm not saying until someone guess right. my little bit of fun
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panzer Vor

Post by c.rainford73 »

This is very interesting. Sorry to hear about your issue with the parts. Always wanted to build one of these. Following along
Tanks alot.... :wave:
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Will it say "Veni Vidi Vici" on the front?
Negaduck
Recruit

Post by Negaduck »

sassgrunt wrote:Will it say "Veni Vidi Vici" on the front?
dam it
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I only know because I'm collecting parts for the same thing. Let's see if anyone else gets it.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Shame about the dramas with the kit Negaduck, I hope they sort it out for you soon. StuGs of all persuasions are great-looking machines, and yours is going to be that little bit more unique. Nice!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

sassgrunt wrote:I only know because I'm collecting parts for the same thing. Let's see if anyone else gets it.
You’ve really got me on this, I’ll have to do some digging, I came, I saw, I conquered....
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Dom at www.rctank.de can help with your shopping list and a look through "Shapeways" may well produce the armoured Mantlet you are searching for,
And having purchased from both I happily recommend them as being honest straight dealers.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Did this Project get finished up? I am looking to do the same thing and have most of the bits needed, but am lacking in the expertise to put it all together. I am starting from the "ground" up, so to speak. Information on assembly of the metal suspension, wheels and track would be great, as I have all of the parts. Instructions are what I am lacking.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull

Return to “Heng Long Builds”