Sturmi - A Finnish Stug

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
lost_wolf
Recruit

Re: Sturmi - A Finnish Stug

Post by lost_wolf »

Very well thought out an an awesome execution of fine engineering, looking forward to more updates
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

A very neat solution to those hatches Brett, they look great. After all, the more things that open, shut or otherwise move the better.

The LED in the driver's visor is getting my noggin joggin', though. Is that the warning light for the airsoft gun, or is it supposed to be the machinegun?
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Thanks guys.

To be honest Dan, I haven't played with it enough to know what that LED is for!

Too busy planning the build. Maybe older hand can tell us.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

I used the MG led in the drivers area as a machine gun. I added a scratched MP40 muzzle break to make it look as if the driver was firing out of the view port. ;o) Following along with this excellent StuG.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Nice idea Painless, but I might need to get rid of it at some stage.

Next came replacing the rear immovable hatches. I am really keen for these as they should add some extra weight over the rear suspension, which is sitting a little high at the moment.
W06-01.jpg
Once again, the hinges are a little basic and require some thinking to mount straight and true.
W06-02.jpg
Heng Long never intended these mods, and so once you remove plastic, mounting points on the underside of the upper hull start to disappear. In this case, one of the plug sockets is now dangling.
W06-03.jpg
In go the new Mato hatches, which were in danger of falling inwards, so I added styrene lips to catch them.
W06-04.jpg
The rear-most hatches were to be next, and I removed the spare road wheel mounts, as that is where the Finnish storage box eventually goes. I then checked underneath and found the hull plastic in that spot supports the latch mounting screws.
W04-02.jpg
As the storage box will rest on top of them, I don’t really need them to open, but I do want their weight. Instead I detached the plastic vents and glued the metal ones in place. A compromise achieved.
W06-05.jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got any updates Mr E ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

I’ll second Herman, would love to see an update to this great build!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Hi guys - sad to say my current job involves a long commute. I have had to put this hobby on the back burner for a few years - and there are projects in boxes ready to come out when I have time. I still look in to see how things are going while I travel, so I'm still around, just not active.

Brett
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Estnische wrote:Hi guys - sad to say my current job involves a long commute. I have had to put this hobby on the back burner for a few years - and there are projects in boxes ready to come out when I have time. I still look in to see how things are going while I travel, so I'm still around, just not active.

Brett
Shame, miss the repartee and scary miniature mechanic, Brett.
Hope the new job's going well, and the bass playing too, if you have the time :thumbup: ...

Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hope your doing ok Mr E............any chance you have anything new done on this Stug ?
Sure would be great to see if so ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”