new tanker

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: new tanker

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Shouldn't do mate.
Another thing you can do is loosen the screw holding the Idler mount. It will be able to be rotated around and re secured so that the idler top is flush or in line with the top run of the roadwheels.
Out of the box they are a bit high(track in the over tensioned position) but I figured this out a bit late to change.

The tracks on my T34 never come off as such, but I have blown the pin eyes out a LOT !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sort of. Its more a pre positioning thing than an adjustability.
The mount can be moved, but of course once its secured back in place, thats it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

Through digging true more of the forums i found all the brain work has all ready been done. Found more ideas to. Win win thanks for making my job easier.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

I am seeing that some people glue the clutch on heng long gearboxes. I just took mine for a little cruise and every little pebble made it pop and lock up track till i backed up. without the clutch would that have broke something?

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

woolenspark wrote:I am seeing that some people glue the clutch on heng long gearboxes. I just took mine for a little cruise and every little pebble made it pop and lock up track till i backed up. without the clutch would that have broke something?

This cropped up lately under the subject of tank upgrades. Many people here- but not all-would opt to fit steel gearboxes ( with shaft bearings) from Taigen that are configured for more torque. The motors on their premium series boxes are also a bit beefier than
the entry level ones. This is what I did in my newby phase. It certainly stopped the lockups, and (worst case) potentially destructive motor stalls...leading to burnouts. 8O
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

Steel is in the plan wanted to see how long these plastic gears would last. Guess ill get some ordered up and see if i can pop these. These tanks are fun.

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

For as long as the whole drivetrain is Plastic/Nylon your Gearboxes should be fine BUT if you fit a metal component into that drivetrain the law of diminishing returns kicks in, and to prevent failure of any item you will need to upgrade the whole shooting match, Metal wheels , Metal Tracks, Metal Idlers, Metal Sprockets, Metal Gearboxes and If you want to give it that "Sag" that 40 Tonnes plus of Tank has then metal everything does help with that effect BUT if you are going to fight in competition with it then Plastic/Nylon everything is the way to go.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
woolenspark
Recruit

Post by woolenspark »

Thanks for the advice jarndice. Ill stick with plastic for the time being till something breaks seem to go fine with plastic. On another note finely had time to mess with tank. Can't leave anything without messing with it. Got sick of unscrewing battery cover to charge battery (lazy i guess). Put magnets on and holey crap them things are strong. Left front posts kind of like a locator pin. Cut top of battery deal out and epoxied cover on. Question time. Would i need another brace towards the back by the motors?

Return to “Heng Long Builds”