Tiger 1 winter camo

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Re: Tiger 1 winter camo

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Winter camo and weathering are looking great!! :clap: I love your spare track weathering!!! They came out awesome!!! :thumbup:
Keep up the top notch work!!
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Your tiger is looking nice! Keep in mind that 99% of winter camo were put on by the crew with brooms and brush, white wash was rarely put on with spray guns. This is why I don't apply mine with airbrush. I put down the layer of hairspray then apply thinned acrylic white with a flat brush intentionatly sloppy. Then start chipping. Also mix in areas with mig washable white as it blurs nicely. Back in the day before the hairspray method I thought the best way was to duplicate the conditions that caused the mess (Falling snow mixing with oil paint while it is being applied) so I would pour tap water into a bottle of testors white about half full of paint. After mixing it a little I would slap it on and it would look horribly great!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I like the white wash scheme.
Actually, if I could, all of my tanks would be done in it.
Just seems to add true character to a tank.

Only issue is they would all look the same. :problem: :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Alfa Three Five
Private

Post by Alfa Three Five »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I like the white wash scheme.
Actually, if I could, all of my tanks would be done in it.
Just seems to add true character to a tank.

Only issue is they would all look the same. :problem: :/
That's true few years ago I painted in white 3 vehucles from the Bundeswehr to UN camo, all were white but also all look the same...
Alfa Three Five
Private

Post by Alfa Three Five »

Some more updates on the tank:

The antenna is now at the right place:
20180331_124233.jpg
20180331_150526.jpg
20180331_150526.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
20180331_150535.jpg
20180331_150535.jpg (85.42 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning!
The paint on this is amazing! Really brings the realism up a notch ( or two or three ) The only nag I note is that the Tiger is fitted with only one convoy light on the rear bulkhead ( if any ) and it is the one on the driver's side under the tool box. The other is a mold error like the dual antenna tubes that HL casts on their upper deck.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

That is a great painjob. I have not tried the hairspray technique yet but it looks great when applied by someone who knows what he is doing. Looking forward to the end result.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”