King Tiger in process

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: King Tiger in process

Post by Will01Capri »

Like the shells, but have you put live bullets in that box aswell haha!

Funnily enough reminds me of a time when i was doing alot of machine turning and someone gave me some shell casings to machine down to fit on a Chopper Motorbike. What a bitch they were to turn down! Screwed a few cobalt tips doing that! lol

Love the work though, nice details and camo
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

My wife has a little sign that says, "Wouldn't it be nice if we could put ourselves in the dryer and come out wrinkle free and 2 sizes smaller." The 70s should be called the wrinkles age!!

The shells that are loaded are live ammo. The empties are ones I have not got around to loading yet. The only way the loaded stuff will fire is if they were in the rifle. I do have a small lathe, 5 inches long, that I use to load the ammo for my British "T" Rifle. It's a tack driver and if I do my job it will shoot holes in holes at 200 yards.

I keep reading threads about camo,making troops, and other cool stuff so I tend to go "Wow that will work." Then it gets taken apart again and done. I don't think my KT will ever be "done" in the sense of "that's it." I've said it before and made a liar out of myself! Thanks for the nice compliments. Now off to the shop to finish the rider and start whittling away on another troop for a tanker in the second hatch.

Be well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Hmmmm. Any chance of me getting my hands on a few of those .22 Hornet shellcasings for my own builds? It really adds a lot of pizazz.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

My local scrapyard has large 55 gallon drums of empty shell casings from the local shooting range. They usually give them away if you ask nicely .... That's where I get mine.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

That's really nice Carl! Here in Idaho they are worth so many dollars per hundred. Ranges don't give them away here as the brass is worth a lot.

Any way - I had them and they worked for what I wanted to do. I'm a natural born scrounger ;D

Be well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Hi Norton1, Your doing a fantanstic job that your doing. I have the same model KT as you and am planning mods, I`m doing one thing at a slow and slowly as Im really new to the RC scene. I`ve been modelling for more years than I care to remember. If I could get anywhere the same results I would be happy man.

I`m planning to zimmerit and obviously a paint job. Firstly I`m concentrating on the inside with the electronics . I have a Clark Tk24 board which has arrived and am now searching for parts to make sure everything works properley. At the moment I`m having problems sorting out some pcb parts but i will get there.

The zimmerit looks great along with the paint job too. I`m waiting for parts to arrive and hopefully all will be fine.

James
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got any new info Mr Norton ?
We never really call these things finished :eh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”