T-34/76 Beutepanzer Rebuild

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: T-34/76 Beutepanzer Rebuild

Post by Raminator »

Absolutely, the cobblestone winter camouflage is a winner. The Soviets had some interesting patterns before deciding that camouflage was an imperialist indulgence and slathering everything with 4BO.

How goes the TCB, Carl? It'll be good to see (and hear) this beauty running.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Raminator wrote:Absolutely, the cobblestone winter camouflage is a winner. The Soviets had some interesting patterns before deciding that camouflage was an imperialist indulgence and slathering everything with 4BO.

How goes the TCB, Carl? It'll be good to see (and hear) this beauty running.
The TCB is all dialed in, to say I'm impressed with it would be an understatement. I've just to wait for the benedini mini and the sounds ( via Mr Maxmekker and his fabulous custom made speaker and enclosure) will be tested and all should be ready for the wiring to be sorted and a test run.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Starting to make some good progress with the T-34/76.

The Open Panzer Control board has been finally fitted in the tight confines of this rather small tank.

Here's what I've fit Image

I have the sabertooth 2x5 serial speed controller
The Open Panzer board
The Benedini mini sound card
Tarr smoker system
Servo recoil and elevation
Ten channel receiver
Taigen speaker
And all the wiring that goes with it....

No it's not as bad or crazy as it sounds. I wanted to see how it works and It's actually pretty interesting and fun to assemble the parts and make it all work. I wanted to do this setup as a challenge and it was a great choice.

I plan on building a Panther G. It will incorporate another Open Panzer board and benedini mini from Thomas Benedini. Emailed him today and he's shipping a Benedini mini and programming cable already setup for the Open Panzer board. Pretty cool. He's very nice and helpful if anyone needs the soundcard for the Open Panzer.

After I ordered the extra electronics, went to work and I made some wiring harnesses to accomplish the connections to each board. She's been hooked up to my PC and dialed in.

I tried to get some photos of the electronics but they are under a bit of wiring in some pictures. All my functions are on switches.

Few things I really like about this system are the realistic driving and the smoker output and control. When I shift into and out of gear the smoke puffs and blows out and then you get your proportional smoke. Very cool indeed!

The benedini mini sound is aces.Image

I added some dusting and a final bit of washing and dry brushing.

Will start her up tomorrow and show you the engine start and rev etc...

I added all new Led lights with proper resistors to prevent any blown bulbs.

Now off to bed before our blizzard tomorrow here in Connecticut. They call it " a weather bomb" WTF...

Supposedly it's a noreaster that is typical for us New Englanders but this time it's become a Image cyclone.... With hurricane force winds. Now I must stay safe inside my workshop Image

Good times....

Maybe more tank fun tomorrow, Thanks for checking in.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Scintillating :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Great work squeezing all of those electronics into the T-34 Carl, you're a braver and more talented man than me! I took the Elmod route for mine because I didn't think I'd be able to fit the TCB+ESC+TBS into such a limited space. I'd love to see how you made that magic happen, if you could take a few pics with the hull open.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Raminator wrote:Great work squeezing all of those electronics into the T-34 Carl, you're a braver and more talented man than me! I took the Elmod route for mine because I didn't think I'd be able to fit the TCB+ESC+TBS into such a limited space. I'd love to see how you made that magic happen, if you could take a few pics with the hull open.
Will do Mr RaminatorImage
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!,
It is _splendid!_ Do I see that tiny red led taillight peeking out at me from its indent in the rear engine cover? "Bomb" Cyclone, WTH! I know, who writes this stuff? Seriously, tho' stay safe and warm, Doc.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi carl, fantastic job, :clap: the paint and details are superb, looking forward to hearing the beast running the TBS :thumbup:

regards john :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!,
It is _splendid!_ Do I see that tiny red led taillight peeking out at me from its indent in the rear engine cover? "Bomb" Cyclone, WTH! I know, who writes this stuff? Seriously, tho' stay safe and warm, Doc.
regards,
Painless
Much appreciated Mr Painless. No I haven't added the tail light yet, but I have it Image

I think when we were kids it was called a blizzard or something like thatImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Hi carl, fantastic job, :clap: the paint and details are superb, looking forward to hearing the beast running the TBS Image

regards john :wave:
I will fire up the motor sounds today John. It's quite extraordinary that with a small Taigen speaker fitted it's very clear and crisp sounding. Almost intimidating IMHO Image

Return to “Heng Long Builds”