HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

nexusys
Lance Corporal

HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

Post by nexusys »

Hi All,

Thought i want to 'show off' my Abrams upgrade to TUSK version.

Its a NATO green camo version of TUSK that i'm making. Personally, i prefer that kinda camo instead of plain desert colour scheme.

The project is almost finish. Im right up to complete some detailing, and weathering. Also going to add bit more stuff that i might be missing if needed and the accessories.

Real M1 TUSK with Mine roller. Mine of course without!

Here you can see i cut up to pieces to cover the wheel's holes to stop sands coming in. I dont know why they (HL) designed it this way.

Then i made up the top bits of turret. Have no idea what you call em.

It looks easy and simple, but it took me while to build them up from scratch. (apologies for the photo rotation. Just realised it doesnt like vertrical image)

NEXT, i made a set of reactive armor.

Nothing special skills needed. Just need the right measurement and reference to build one

Now we shall continue again soon..... :) need to go home. I'm at work lol.
Attachments
RA2.jpg
RA1.jpg
TOP.jpg
20170610_211645 (Custom).jpg
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: HL M1A1 TUSK upgrade

Post by BarryC »

Nice work on the TC and Loader's armor. ARTs looking good as well. :thumbup:

Here are a couple of pics of the front and rear of the ARTs that may be helpful.

Barry

"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:Nice work on the TC and Loader's armor. ARTs looking good as well. :thumbup:

Here are a couple of pics of the front and rear of the ARTs that may be helpful.

Barry

Thanks Barry! What's an ARTs stands for?

Cheers for the reactive armor close ups. I'll try make it as detail as i can.

The 8 bolts on each tiles is gonna be hard to do. I've seen some work been done on HL, he made it too thick and too obvious.

You can only see if you get close to the tiles, but you hardly can see any from far.

Actually, you can see them a bit

Attachments
27-09-2017 7-43-59 AM.jpg
27-09-2017 7-43-59 AM.jpg (91.55 KiB) Viewed 5875 times
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

ART...Abrams Reactive Tile.

Here is my solution to the 8 bolts and 6 rivets, about half way down the page.

Barry

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=18880&start=400
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lovely build on this Tusk Abrams. You did an awesome job on the gun shields from scratch. So very cool

Read Barry's build it's an absolute clinic on how to build a proper Abrams. So detailed The Us Army might show up at his house to check the correctness of thier own work

PS don't mind our alien references...

We have our suspicions....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lovely build on this Tusk Abrams. You did an awesome job on the gun shields from scratch. So very cool

Read Barry's build it's an absolute clinic on how to build a proper Abrams. So detailed The Us Army might show up at his house to check the correctness of thier own work

nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:ART...Abrams Reactive Tile.

Here is my solution to the 8 bolts and 6 rivets, about half way down the page.

Barry

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=18880&start=400
Barry, who are you? BLLLOOOOOOODY HELL those details? couldnt believe my eyes! :wtf:

Yep those bolts, exactly what i thought. Some thin styrene would do the job. Cheers for that

c.rainford73 wrote:Lovely build on this Tusk Abrams. You did an awesome job on the gun shields from scratch. So very coolImage

Read Barry's build it's an absolute clinic on how to build a proper Abrams. So detailed The Us Army might show up at his house to check the correctness of thier own workImage

Thanks C.Rainford, im no expert in building, im still.... Novice i say. i have limited amount of tools, just basic knife cutter, pliers etc.. hahaa dont expect too much from me. i'll try my best :D

Regarding barry's work, oh my. I feel like i want to close this topic down. its embarrassing! hahah. He must be an alien or something if thats what you guys refered him to. lol
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Nexus due to his "other worldly modeling skills" the group has determined through very little scientific research and no physical evidence-based findings ---- that our friend and fellow tanker Barry must be of some alien background and....without further adieu....

So we've determined he's a damn alien.
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

c.rainford73 wrote:Mr Nexus due to his "other worldly modeling skills" the group has determined through very little scientific research and no physical evidence-based findings ---- that our friend and fellow tanker Barry must be of some alien background and....without further adieu....

So we've determined he's a damn alien.
Hahaha, Mr Rainford, that's pretty thorough research about Barry the alien. You guys put alot of thought about his well being. Im with you in this, he's one of them. :D :D no doubt
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

:haha: :haha: You guys are too funny!!

It is actually my unique ability to shrink myself down to what ever scale I'm working in, gives me the perspective needed. ;)

Keep up the good work Nexus. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Modern Builds”