FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote:Herrmann - wouldn't it be nice if your switches and their labels matched the style of the Fu radios?
Now thats an idea !.............I might look into that :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
Estnische wrote:Herrmann - wouldn't it be nice if your switches and their labels matched the style of the Fu radios?
Now thats an idea !.............I might look into that :think:
Me too. The labels might look OK in the engraved name tag style common in Aussie industrial switchboards, done with black tags and the writing in white. My son is looking into the font the Germans used. Didn't have any luck with switches though. Jaycar has retro switches like that seen on guitar amplifiers but they're all too big.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I actually know a lady that does labeling for controls and consols on various drilling equipment, so that but wont be hard .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
Raminator wrote:I've got an unused Taigen recoil unit, but I think some or all of the wires might have broken off. If we can find a wiring diagram, I can solder some new cables on and it's all yours.
Wow!
How could I be so lucky ?!!
I gratefully accept Sir
It took an hour or two of googling, but I've managed to find some diagrams and photos so I could get this rewired.
  • IMAG0780.jpg
I haven't been able to test it since I don't have an RX-18 on hand, but it should be good to go.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PM sent Mr Raminator..............I can get on with it now thanks to you.
I reckon our northern cousins don't realise how fortunate they are to have a selection veritable "Ali-Babas Caves" of RC parts so close to them !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have got the rear lifting trunnion on.
Used a large brass nail from a picture hanging set, and some putty material to complete it.
Will say it looks odd out there by itself, but thats what it would have looked like once the bin was gone I reckon.

I also added the small lifting trunnions onto the exhaust armoured guards.
Again, brass nails from the picture hanging set, but smallest ones.
Drilled 1.5mm holes through both sides of each guard and used the serrated surface on each nail to grip the super glue.
A pretty minor detail, but they look good on !
Attachments
P9210008.JPG
P9180007.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

:clap: Fantastic updates Mr. Bix, keep it going :thumbup:
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Nice build...don't know how I didn't see it until now, but I like the creative solutions to everything. :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote::clap: Fantastic updates Mr. Bix, keep it going :thumbup:

Thanks Mr Soeren, its getting there slowly, but it is picking up speed. ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

philipat wrote:Nice build...don't know how I didn't see it until now, but I like the creative solutions to everything. :thumbup:
Appreciate it Mr Phil, I really want to carry out this build as the machines themselves were pressed into service.........rushed and poorly prepared !
So far, I have most of it covered :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”