FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A simple yet frustrating error..................
Fitted the spare track links to the turret.
Simple task,yes?
Well, yeah..........but not if you are distracted.
Top clamps in correct spot (tick)
Lower mounts placed to suit once track painted off-model (tick)

STUCK THE LOWER MOUNTS IN THE WRONG HOLE ON THE LINK :-< :{ :/

As I am not fitting all the links, I altered the lower mounts to be 'empty' so now they are in the wrong spot, I have to break them off, bin them, and get a new set to refit CORRECTLY !!!

No pics, Im too annoyed & embarrassed.........
Tiger 101 stuff .........the lower holders go in the track pin hole to the side of the link, not on the damn bottom of the link :shh: :problem:
Attachments
NOT this way !!! like I did
NOT this way !!! like I did
taigen-spare-track-links-and-holders-for-heng-long-tiger-1-1-16-scale-368-p.jpg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
THIS WAY..........HOW HARD IS IT !!?? REALLY !!
THIS WAY..........HOW HARD IS IT !!?? REALLY !!
mun-sa-hull-tw-ct-023_rob.jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 2948 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Hey Herman,

Look at it like this..."It's just another opportunity to excel"! I have them all the time. :O

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

If anyone can pull it off seamlessly it's you Mr Herman
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Oh I'll be pulling it off alright !........7 of the stuffn things :problem:
Tiger 101....a rookie error that I thought I was safe from making, but didnt keep my head in the game & did it anyway :/
Still, at least I know it can happen, so I will pay more attention next time !
Check twice- fit once, thats the way to go.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Oh I'll be pulling it off alright !........7 of the stuffn things :problem:
Tiger 101....a rookie error that I thought I was safe from making, but didnt keep my head in the game & did it anyway :/
Still, at least I know it can happen, so I will pay more attention next time !
Check twice- fit once, thats the way to go.
I've been there more than I care to admit. 8O

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
Good morning! It takes a big man to admit a mistake ( especially to his friends ) and a wise man to learn from it. You've done both! Good on yer'
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cheers lads..............In the waiting time for the replacement track link mounts, a time for inward reflection, and reticent acceptance of the balls-up, I decided to seek solace in turret numbers.
Now the zimmerit I have burnt into the plastic is quite aggressive in texture, no waaaaay a stencil was going to work, especially as the markings were at the time hand painted freehand so its said.
I used a base of XF-7 Flat Red with a dash of XF-63 German Dark Grey to take the garish brightness out of the red.
Once I masked the size I needed, I used a pencil to trace centre lines for each marking.
Then, a wide flat brush(yeah, them sticks with hair on the end) to gently dab on the red to create the infill for each marking.
Once dry, XF-2 Flat White thinned 60-40% with a fine point brush to do the outlines.
Another thing I surmise about these machines from tank school is that the turret markings must have been applied to allow easy identification from distance by training officers, so are bigger than in-field combat tanks..............again, pure conjecture, but in theory, these things if ever called to fight would have been repainted with the respective unit markings once they arrived in one........so its no big thing to have the F series markings looking like they were.
As there are no known pictures of F05, but several of 13 and 02, the style seems to be plausible.
Large, clear markings, easier to make out by training officers and respective students, but of no relevant meaning to any unit outside the facility.
Woops, war comes to doorstep.............get Tigers armed & fueled, never mind the turret markings, get jiggy with it , good luck & have a nice day ;) !!

I reckon once washed down they will be ok.
Attachments
RED BASE INFILL
RED BASE INFILL
P8230033.JPG
P8230036.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow mate that's awesome
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Now corrected :/
Attachments
P8300029.JPG
P8300028.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Nice recovery Herman. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If it were not for missteps the sweetness of success would seem less tasty I think. :D

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Heng Long Builds”