FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I had another one of those "why?" moments.................

Decided to create a tool box mount for the left rear hull plate, as if the tools normally sent to field with one of these has been removed & sent away to a combat unit from Fallingbostel training school.

Began with cutting a section of flat brass sheet into the site panels.
Then used angle for the support arms.
Solder pasted them together for both side profiles.
Another section of angle to join the halves and a flat bar across the rear.
Now I did get a bit flash & began making the retaining straps actually function, but I had the epiphany after winging myself with a razor saw cutting hinge tube and soon pulled the pin on that frivolity !!!
I just want a representative tool box mount that can look ok & stand up to a bit of bashing .
Attachments
Just short of working retaining straps!
Just short of working retaining straps!
No thanks, too new looking
No thanks, too new looking
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is looking fantastic Mr BixSuch a great touch
Tanks alot.... :wave:
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Now, that's the ticket! Those "little things" really make a big difference, don't they? Lovely work and as always, Mr. Bix, nicely conceived and executed. Here's a similar take on the idea:
&s=1c7145e244f80a050cf9aa71f41d87872a48edef (800x450).jpg
DSC_0449 (800x450).jpg
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Sweet! Thanks!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Your tool box holder is a magical effort mate.
I actually thought I had to stop on mine before it got to detailed !
This thing is going to be a rough-n-tumble unit so excessive detail will get a pizzling.
I have some aluminium strip that I cut into straps like yours but I pulled up and made simple brass ones that represent rather than replicate before I went too far !
In fact I may even severely distort this one to make it look like a training mishap !

Sensational looking Tiger though, chuck us some more pics if you dont mind please ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Both of these are great details. It would be easy to just use the standard issue toolbox, but this adds real texture to the tank's story. Top marks both of you!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Given the thinking behind Herman's build I go with the "Slightly" Shop soiled Toolbox over the straight out of the factory pristine example, :thumbup:
I have seen the state of enough Truck and trailer rear ends that have been reversed unknowingly into solid objects to not expect a Tiger Tank back end to be unscathed. :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

WOW , you guys! Two fantastic tool box holders :)
They both look great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
fury
Lance Corporal

Post by fury »

Fantastic tool box holder Mr Bix. :thumbup:
Kevin :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Appreciate the kudos lads...............its going to look about near enough for this kid, and being an F05, will fit the weary but mainly picked-over look of an ex training tank stripped for useful parts just short of the stage when it cannot function to train tank crews.

I got the track towing cable retainers onto the hull side(which will remain empty) and then set about making a drivers roof vent which is missing(and hiding in plain sight as I completely overlooked it! :{ )
Believe it or not, a Tiger mantlet barrel tube is exactly right to make the vent !
Sliced the tapered section off and sanded it to look about right.
Used a couple of bits of plastic floor sweeper handle cover to fill the hole and close in the vent.
Gel super glue to retain the infill sections & Daphne's ya transgender uncle !!
I just need to sand the top of it to conceal the joint.

This one might just be getting an old Clark TK20/22 board if it can be got to function.
Hey, at $50 im not going to get fussy on such things !

Got a few more tool retainers to mock up & fit, they will be empty too, and then I can get primer on the hull.

The problem of adapting the steel wheels remains but Im still a ways off being held up by them at the moment, so no panic yet.......
Attachments
PB250016.JPG
PB250014.JPG
PB250012.JPG
PB240012.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”