FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice work Mr Bix
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Brilliant, the working caps! Thats the first time I ever see it haha!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Nice work! I do like the creativity in using the "real" ports.

One small criticism: the Philip's head screws don't do it justice. Looks too "Heng Long". How about some scale hex bolts?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

philipat wrote:Nice work! I do like the creativity in using the "real" ports.

One small criticism: the Philip's head screws don't do it justice. Looks too "Heng Long". How about some scale hex bolts?
Yip, fair call. These are in place to prove/disprove the function & longevity.
I will be replacing the Mato fasteners with cap head screws and if the adjusters function with little or no interference with the adjuster hole covers then I will fit better screws to them.
Thats partially why I drilled the top hole not the bottom one.
If they work loose with the swivel up top they hang loose but out of the way. If they work loos with the swivel down low they will be prone to hanging up on things and ripping off.
My Stug has a problem with the exhaust diffusers getting hammered when used on the club display 'walk' so these will suffer the same fate if not secure.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

That is a cool idea, Mr. Herman. And if they work lose, you still have the option to put in a brass frame and add the aftermarket metal covers.

Ehm, I guess, You are already waiting for them to get lose. Don't tease us ;) You have the spares in your box already, for sure. 8|
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Great ideas!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have always considered that there are 3 types of build,
The Fighting Tank, Usually Infra Red which is best held together primarily by Superglue and crossheaded screws and limited additional detail,
Then there is the tank that is used with friends and family and is often Airsoft, more a carpet warrior than a cross garden machine, This is still mainly superglue and crossheaded screws but more details such as metal tools and accurate decals and paint "A Looker",
Finally the Shelf Queen which has Photo-Etch and scale nuts and bolts and Wing nuts with items like a rear mounted starting handle swinging in its brackets on the rear plate of a Tiger 1 and working fuel filler caps that screw into the engine grilles and working metal engine bay doors and metal tracks and it all works but it is absolutely not for using except when a rich uncle is interested,
The Tank we aspire toward but with the exception of TFTM, Sov and Philipat and our own dear Herman we almost never achieve.
The point is that it is important that before you start buying upgrades you identify which category it will be in or be prepared to spend time and money fixing your little wonder. :lolno:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

jarndice wrote:I have always considered that there are 3 types of build,
The Fighting Tank, Usually Infra Red which is best held together primarily by Superglue and crossheaded screws and limited additional detail,
Then there is the tank that is used with friends and family and is often Airsoft, more a carpet warrior than a cross garden machine, This is still mainly superglue and crossheaded screws but more details such as metal tools and accurate decals and paint "A Looker",
Finally the Shelf Queen which has Photo-Etch and scale nuts and bolts and Wing nuts with items like a rear mounted starting handle swinging in its brackets on the rear plate of a Tiger 1 and working fuel filler caps that screw into the engine grilles and working metal engine bay doors and metal tracks and it all works but it is absolutely not for using except when a rich uncle is interested,
The Tank we aspire toward but with the exception of TFTM, Sov and Philipat and our own dear Herman we almost never achieve.
The point is that it is important that before you start buying upgrades you identify which category it will be in or be prepared to spend time and money fixing your little wonder. :lolno:
Shaun.
Well-said!

I want a looker I can drive with family and friends. But, heaven help the friend that shoots one of my tanks! @) They're for shooting anything but each other. :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote:That is a cool idea, Mr. Herman. And if they work lose, you still have the option to put in a brass frame and add the aftermarket metal covers.

Ehm, I guess, You are already waiting for them to get lose. Don't tease us ;) You have the spares in your box already, for sure. 8|
No mate !.............no flash brass covers for this one. Hes a training tank pressed in to service and will very likely be a battler with minimal bustoff-able details fitted.
Principle is to make a Tiger 05, with minimal spend, and minimal detail add ons to get the right look and be a reliable knock about tank.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:I have always considered that there are 3 types of build,
Shaun.
I seem to build a mix of "a looker" and a "shelf Queen" :/ ................can be a royal pain at times.
Extra armour is my soft spot and its got to be looked after.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”