FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Re: FEHRMANN GRUPPE TIGER 05

Post by jarndice »

Herman, I don't know what you are using as filler but I use "MMDs Green Putty" and I had a tube go off, being extraordinarily careful (Tight) I resolved to fix it,
I squeezed some into a saucer and added warm water and lo and behold I had a very usable cream whose texture was superior to the original,
And it certainly helped with replacing my lost Marbles :haha: :haha:
Shaun,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I'm very impressed with the Zimmerit, boss. The melted plastic looks great and is bound to be stronger and more resilient than any kind of putty or appliqué, especially given how bullet-proof whatever they make Heng Long tanks out of is! I wonder if I'd be better off using that method than Milliput for torch-cut edges.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Raminator wrote:I'm very impressed with the Zimmerit, boss. The melted plastic looks great and is bound to be stronger and more resilient than any kind of putty or appliqué, especially given how bullet-proof whatever they make Heng Long tanks out of is! I wonder if I'd be better off using that method than Milliput for torch-cut edges.
I have only ever used the hot screw driver for welds, and flame cuts.
Now it seems for Zimmerit too.
For me, the welds and flame marks are more controllable, I have milliput but I just cant get the same result.
I will soon see how Tamiya plastic behaves in the same way.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Been chipping away at this, held up a bit due to a lack of parts, but in the interest of keeping busy, I have attended to things I really would not normally do.
Decided to make the rear main engine hatch open.
"Brilliant Baldrick"
Heated up a craft knife & cut into the hatch profile.
Its worked ok, and cleaned up good enough.
To hinge it all I did was drill a hole through the hinge mouldings and placed a shallow groove with a dremmel blade into the hull underneath each hinge section.
Dress making pins cut short will fit into the grooves & be covered with an infill section.
I will also need to make some degree of infill around the hatch hole, but thats not an issue.
If I can place the switches under it, that would be gooderer !!
Attachments
P9160009.JPG
P9160007 (3).JPG
P9160007.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Looking fantastic Herman! The zim is fantastic.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Hugill
At a fist go at melted zim im pretty happy with the effect.
There are some patches that need cleaning out with a wire brush, the temp dropped too much allowing the plastic to stick and draw like mozzarella cheese!

One thing to allow for is the added profile of the zim makes the spare track sections very tight on the mounts so I had to open the holes up on the top clamps to allow a bit of give for the links to sit right
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Herman,

The Zim looks very convincing! :clap: :clap:
Engine access hatch opening. :thumbup:

BArry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There was me thinking 'another Tiger Build', but I decided to have a look see anyway...jeez, I had no idea what you were about with this. I love this sort of build, minimalism, cheap as chips, making use of scrap instead of buying too much stuff, and at the end of the day making something unique and that will look good.

Keep it coming, it's got my interest! :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

superb Herman!

i do love these step by step builds, always rewarding to see how others solved the mods and issues, sometimes like oneself, sometimes in a very different way :thumbup:

go on mate!

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

wibblywobbly wrote:There was me thinking 'another Tiger Build', but I decided to have a look see anyway...jeez, I had no idea what you were about with this. I love this sort of build, minimalism, cheap as chips, making use of scrap instead of buying too much stuff, and at the end of the day making something unique and that will look good.

Keep it coming, it's got my interest! :clap:
Cheers Mr Wobbly,
Funny thing...........I was thinking that as well, but thats what the cards dealt me with scrappy Tigers at 14.73 GBP each for these ones !!
The other one is going to be a Sturmtiger..............one day.
Its now got metal hatches,loader & cupola thanks to the haul of bits I got at the same time as the King Tiger popped up.
I had some metal suspension arms from the Zu Fuss Panther experiment left over, so they will go on.
I really want steel rimmed roadwheels for it and late tracks, but they just cannot be had here outside of importing at huge cost.
Odd thing though, in the literal containers of tank parts the guy had, was a set of metal roadwheels for a Matorro Sturmtiger !
They are really rare & Im almost reluctant to use them.
Trouble is if I do, they are not a simple add on without heavy modification, and as such, will ruin them as relic parts !
Seem too unique to cast into the abyss that is 'Tiger Building' :haha:
Attachments
P9140009.JPG
P9140008.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”