First HL Tiger 1 rebuild.

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Aljones34
Private

First HL Tiger 1 rebuild.

Post by Aljones34 »

Hi all,

This is my first attempt at 1/16 modelling and I'm really enjoying the RC side of it. I haven't built any models for about 20 years or so don't be to tough on it.
Base unit was a HL sound and smoke with RX 13 board brought off eBay.
The hull top and turret have remained basically stock except for metal hatches and commanders copular. The gun mantel has been changed round and the barrel will get changed in due course.
The lower hull is Taigen with metal wheels and tracks fitted to 4:1 gearboxes(metal). All is now controlled with RX 18 board.
Paint work is Tamiya base colour using rattle can and camouflage is Ak interactive airbrushed on. I have attempted to create some damage and chipping etc and applied a wash to it.
Next to get are some tools, grenade mesh and fire extinguisher then try some streaking and weathering.

Hope you like it so far.
Attachments
030.JPG
029.JPG
028.JPG
025.JPG
027.JPG
jarndice
Colonel

Re: First HL Tiger 1 rebuild.

Post by jarndice »

Hi, A very nice job of work and if my eyes do not deceive me you have removed the extra and WRONG Spare aerial holder on the left flank of the engine bay, :thumbup:
Well done, a lot of people mistakenly leave it on. :thumbdown:
As to Tiger 1 tools I get most of my Heng Long stuff from ---
www.heng-long-panzer.de
Click on the German Flag and the Union Flag appears Click on that and the whole site is in English,
A Very reliable and trustworthy dealer with Clark Control boards for sale if you decide to trade up from the RX18.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Aljones34
Private

Post by Aljones34 »

Hi Shaun, yep the left side spare aerial stowage got the Stanley knife and sanding treatment. I will check out the site recommended for tools and thanks for the comments..
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Anytime I see one of these old veterans modded and brought back to the forefront, it gives me a happy feeling. Excellent job on the ongoing work. You have done the difficult job of toeing the line between having an actual combo Build or just turning it into a plastic Taigen version. Good on you! If you haven't found it already, locate the long thread by a fellow named Birger here on the forum. He did a walk through with steps of everything needed to turn the HL Tiger into a Hobby Grade runner ( with plateau steps set between where one could stop when the desired level of upgrade had been reached )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
eddiesolo
Lance Corporal

Post by eddiesolo »

Nice work, it also looks like you have removed the right hand (as you look from the back) replicated convoy light-good man.
Aljones34
Private

Post by Aljones34 »

Adding a few more photos now its had some weathering, waiting for some detail parts to arrive in the post.
Attachments
CIMG3159.JPG
CIMG3157.JPG
CIMG3156.JPG
CIMG3152.JPG
CIMG3143.JPG
CIMG3151.JPG
CIMG3162.JPG
Ava_Banana
Recruit

Post by Ava_Banana »

Really like that weathering and ageing, good work.
.......Commuter-guided Missile.......
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Liking the tiger's head. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Aljones34
Private

Post by Aljones34 »

Thanks for the compliments guys, the decals are Peddinghaus Decals for Kurt Knispel Tiger 1 1943. I was going for the beat up but not beaten look.

Alan
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Post by rolling-thunder »

I will be keeping a close eye on this excellent project, your build is one I aspire to.
I am the Law!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”