HL Tiger one project start

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: HL Tiger one project start

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Off you go then DD lol.

But after saying that, that camouflage design is British, or 'allied' not German.

But, again, it's your tank ;)

Mick.
True, well I would just add an outline of desert yellow but ill test it out before I do the whole tank.
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:That sounds like a good plan.

I was thinking of drawing out the outline of a tank on a piece of board, maybe cutting out the shape and trying out camo patterns on it.
Thats a very good idea ill do that, thank you. :thumbup:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

You should do it like that. Althoguh, I have to say, it will look differently on the tank anyway. But you can get a feel for it
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21290&start=100
Tread Flintstone
Private

Post by Tread Flintstone »

Wow that desert camo is really cool looking! I was a military contractor during Desert Storm and worked with that cool desert camo with the little pebbles that looked similar to that tank.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

foxtrotraptor wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:That sounds like a good plan.

I was thinking of drawing out the outline of a tank on a piece of board, maybe cutting out the shape and trying out camo patterns on it.
Thats a very good idea ill do that, thank you. :thumbup:
I usually do something similar when I'm trying to lay out a camo scheme. I got to this site, find a good 3 or 4 view drawing of the vehicle in question, print out 2 or 3 copies, then use some different colored markers or high lighters to draw the pattern.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/

When I start painting, I keep the drawing right in front of me, so I can keep an idea on where I'm heading with a particular color.

Some of the drawings have also come in handy for laying out schurzen mounts and such details.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Many thanks for the tips. Waiting for my paint and brushes to come in the mail tomorrow
:thumbup:
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Tip:

Best/closest rust-colour for tracks is Revell matt 37 with a light wash (severly thinned paint) of Revell matt 85

2-component rust paint (metal particle paint with an acid activator) is even better, and wholly realistic, but hard to come by, as I discovered to my chagrin.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:2-component rust paint (metal particle paint with an acid activator) is even better, and wholly realistic, but hard to come by, as I discovered to my chagrin.
He lives in the States, one can get weapons of mass destruction over the counter. . . . So, getting a little acid won't be a problem. . . . .

:D Mick.
HA! :lolno: not here in California with all these crazy regulations :problem:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Ok well I did some more work, I made some flags with some black cloth I had lying around, I printed them out on regular paper and just glued it on, not sure if I will keep them on but this is mu set up for now, I also filled in the battel damage with pencil. Also outlined the camo with some desert yellow. Next I will add some oil and dirt effects as well as adding the Kill markers on the barrel. :thumbup:

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Raptor that really looks nice! The outline makes a big difference and once you tone it down with a wash it will really all come together I must admit I didn't think the outline would look the part on the early Tiger I but it works
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”