HL Tiger one project start

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: HL Tiger one project start

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:Really impressed with the camoflouge color and pattern. Very nice workImage
thank you sir
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hope not :haha:

Yes, I do like your camo pattern DD :thumbup:
Thank you, its my first go, I guess it could have been worse. I think now ill start adding some dirt smears and some oil around the engine compartmnent . I was going to add some left over decals from my other tanks but I felt that the color of the decals would clash with the lighter shades of my desert pattern.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Raptor I really like the subject matter as I'm a big Tiger I fan (nowhere near as big as Paul Mr Tiggr) You're having fun with it and that's the most important part. If you look on the forum you will see areas where you can learn about applying washes and chipping. I suggest you try them out with this model.

Mr Maxmekker on The forum has some very nice and informative YouTube videos that I've used to do basic chipping and weathering. It's actually easier than it sounds and makes a huge difference. ( He might make it look much easier than it is)
Tanks alot.... :wave:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Oh yeah I'm having fun. I'm gonna do some more tonight after work. I'll probably remove my crappy afrika corp emblem. I'll just put a othe 501 instead
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

foxtrotraptor wrote:Oh yeah I'm having fun. I'm gonna do some more tonight after work. I'll probably remove my crappy afrika corp emblem. I'll just put a othe 501 instead
Yes the 501 is more realistic IMHO
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:Oh yeah I'm having fun. I'm gonna do some more tonight after work. I'll probably remove my crappy afrika corp emblem. I'll just put a othe 501 instead
Yes the 501 is more realistic IMHO
yeah I agree
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

what would be the best way to remove it without messing up he coat under it? Its testors acrylic paint. Warm water and a paintbrush? ???
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:I'll probably remove my crappy afrika corp emblem. I'll just put a othe 501 instead
I liked it cos its got a dinosaur head at the top, it's like a Rex looking over a palm tree, rather fitting I thought, I thought you did it on purpose lol.
lol oh gezzz I just noticed that :haha: awesome. Just need to figure out how to remove it or just paint over it with more brown Camo
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:I'll probably remove my crappy afrika corp emblem. I'll just put a othe 501 instead
I liked it cos its got a dinosaur head at the top, it's like a Rex looking over a palm tree, rather fitting I thought, I thought you did it on purpose lol.
I agree I just noticed the dinosaur peaking over the top of the palm tree.... It is kinda fitting in a strange way. :think:

Like a super elite paramilitary division of the waffen that's gone prehistoricImage

Maybe just paint over it and add some nice numeric design for the realism. Or keep it and detail it up a bit and add some color and have a good time with it.Image Kinda enhance the Dino on the tree top......
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:
I agree I just noticed the dinosaur peaking over the top of the palm tree.... It is kinda fitting in a strange way. :think:

Like a super elite paramilitary division of the waffen that's gone prehistoricImage

Maybe just paint over it and add some nice numeric design for the realism. Or keep it and detail it up a bit and add some color and have a good time with it.Image Kinda enhance the Dino on the tree top......
lol Sounds like that would make a great movie, Kinda like the land that time forgot but with tanks instead of a sub lol. Ill see what I come up with, Ill look at some pics and see what inspiration I get from it

Return to “Heng Long Builds”