Berg madness

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Berg madness

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is an example of engineering at its best
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I've seen both these in action and believe me when Pete says it works he doesn't mean just move it's all built strong enough to pull a heavy metal tank off the battlefield!

Awesome engineering skills Pete :clap:
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
HvyCgn9
Lance Corporal

Post by HvyCgn9 »

That's a sweet bit of work.....so cool!! :thumbup: :thumbup: ;D ;D

Cheers Bruce
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Great job Pete! It's really come a long way from when I saw it at the MAD meet. Superb engineering as usual for your builds. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Cheers guys ,will be getting a 3d printer as soon as funds allow , I can see 3d printers being a way of making new types of models also a way of making gears to make them work , have seen a load of free stuff on sites making worth while getting one now .

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The 'free stuff on sites' isn't always what it appears to be. Many of the items have never been printed by the designer, and many of the images are simply rendered, and cannot be printed. Some look as though they can be printed, but won't print because the part is, for technical reasons, unprintable. Sometimes they can be repaired using software, but the only sure fire way to make parts is to design them yourself.

I downloaded this Vickers gun, but had to rescale it, and then put the file through a repair process twice to get it to anything like a printable format. It's still pretty dire, and lost detail along the way.

That said, once you get the hang of using something like Openscad, it opens up a whole world of opportunity for making something that no one else has got.
Attachments
IMG_20170704_175600.jpg
IMG_20170704_175600.jpg (68.78 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Heng Long Builds”