HL king tiger running gear

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
chibigoji98
Recruit

HL king tiger running gear

Post by chibigoji98 »

I ran into something while browsing for parts to upgrade my HL king tiger. Are the roaswheels and idlers compatible with a torro metal lower hull? I can make the upper hull mount up, but im not sure if my running gear will be a direct swap or if I need to buy the torro wgeels and idlers and only swap my boards and smoker and gears.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HL king tiger running gear

Post by Max-U52 »

As far as I know, the HL road wheels attach with a screw into the suspension arms but the Toro Road Wheels use a stub axle and a set screw. I do not believe the two are interchangeable. Of course, I've been wrong before but I don't think this is one of those cases.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
chibigoji98
Recruit

Post by chibigoji98 »

Just checking. There is an imex dealer here in the US that carries the torro running gear, so I may buy those if push comes to shove and I'll just run it as is untill I have all the parts to swap the lower hull over since I'm also looking to swap the HL reviever fir a taigen one since it doesnt use an antenna.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'd agree with Max here. The Torro or Taigen metal lower hull is much different than the standard Heng Long and won't accept the running gear like road wheels idlers etc since they have a different attachment system.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

chibigoji98 wrote:Just checking. There is an imex dealer here in the US that carries the torro running gear, so I may buy those if push comes to shove and I'll just run it as is untill I have all the parts to swap the lower hull over since I'm also looking to swap the HL reviever fir a taigen one since it doesnt use an antenna.
Where are you located? If you're in the states I have some gently used 2.4 GHz Taigen electronics systems that I sell pretty cheap.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”