Panther G

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panther G Late 'Summer Build'

Post by Jake79 »

Since I've never tried the paste there's not a lot more I can tell you. Hopefully Shaun and Herman can elaborate a little. This video shows the guy using the paste and blowtorch. He's also using blu tac to keep some pieces in place..good idea I thought.

phpBB [video]
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jake Hi, I got my Butane torch elsewhere but "Maplins" do sell an almost identical item, It goes under the name of "Maplins 30 Watt Gas soldering iron kit" About £20,
As to holding the PE in place it depends totally on what your doing, often the PE is already attached to another part of the build but if you do need to clamp it together if you go to E-BAY and type "Small Plastic Clamps", There are some on offer at the moment "8" for £2 with freepost and Rad can probably get a truck load for 50 P, :lolno: Whatever,
Clamp, secure and generally hold together the Pieces of PE,
Carefully open the Solder Paint Pot and even more carefully stir the Paint with your Paint brush until the contents are of equal consistency,
Apply a coat of Solder paint along the Joint, Not too thick you are not painting a fence :crazy: and "Wipe" the Butane Torch across the Joint, You will see the solder run into the joint and Job Done,
It is worth spending a few minutes practicing on scrap work before doing the real work.
I like to have a strong light source over the work while I am soldering.
By the way if you use "Shrink fit tubing" for insulation on the wiring the butane torch is an ideal way to get the "Shrink" done
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
shadytree
Recruit

Post by shadytree »

Jake79 wrote:Since I've never tried the paste there's not a lot more I can tell you. Hopefully Shaun and Herman can elaborate a little. This video shows the guy using the paste and blowtorch. He's also using blu tac to keep some pieces in place..good idea I thought.

phpBB [video]
Jake79, thanks for the video I use the very same blow torch and too have misplaced my pen haha. That paste looks an absolute dream to use and what an amazing yet simple solution to the lack of a 3rd hand, good old blutack.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Great advice Shaun, sounds like a few people are in the dark regarding paste and torch..I'm sure your advice will help out.

Mr Shady glad your liked the vid fella..

here's a link if you want some of the same paste in the vid..cheap too.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-50g-M ... iewhistory
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Good video...thanks for the link, too.
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Hi Chaps

Purchased the metal lower from Dave, time to swap the electrics over.

Some 4/1 gears from dave too.:

Modified the speaker boxes, built housing for electrics.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”