VC Firefly- HengLong / DGS Conversion

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: VC Firefly- HengLong / DGS Conversion

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Very interesting. You've certainly found material on the Firefly that I've not seen before, and it's always refreshing to see familiar objects from unfamiliar angles (something I attempt when in amateur photographer mode).
At the same time, I have to commend Dean on his almost solo entrepreneurial effort to make a British Tank kit (in 1/16) for enthusiasts, and for those frustrated by the lack of availability of British Armour in the commercial market. Providing a kit is a tremendous challenge, given the range of skills to accommodate: from Tank knuckle- dragger...me! to the scratch building experts, and rivet counters who populate the Forum.
Anyway, looking forward to more surprises and progress when other commitments permit. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
88-bait
Private

Re: VC Firefly- HengLong / DGS Conversion

Post by 88-bait »

You cant beat a Firefly imo and I hope to get hold of one of the kits, if they are still around later in the year. I have worked with resin many times but with 1/50th bus and coach kits, so I know how floppy resin can get in the building stages. I'm sure the integral strength is there when its built. As a Sherman nut, a number of different Firefly's are a must and I'm building a 1C hybrid(again) at the moment. After its finished, I will be looking for one of the kits. But am I too late to find one? :think: Its a good post and it has some decent links there too :thumbup: I cant wait to see it when its finished 8)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”