I'm building this Tiger

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
SteelBird
Corporal

Re: I'm building this Tiger

Post by SteelBird »

Aussie wrote:Put a small washer between the offending idler wheel and hull to space out the idler.
Fixed mine straight away.
I've done what you said and will take it for another try today to see if anything changes.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

SteelBird wrote:
Jake79 wrote:Hi Steelbird

Jake, I've been thinking of getting a Taigen long time ago but they aren't available here. If I bought one from Europe, the shipping cost would be insanely high.

That's a shame. Taigen (&Torro) metal chassis are rugged and reliable. If you upgrade to metal gearbox as well as metal tracks and drive sprockets you will also find the 1700 mah battery really struggles when you want to turn the tank when manoeuvring out on the battlefield. I found this with my HL "Pro" version Königstiger - it would turn on a hard kitchen floor but as soon as I drove on carpet there simply wasn't enough power. Straight line was okay though.
I doubt the plastic gearboxes would last long with multiple metal upgrades.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

If Taigen is available to me, I would buy a whole tank, no need to mix Taigen base and H/L upper. Unfortunately it is not the case!

Here is an all out attack of my tank fleet on the first day of Lunar New Year. After adding a washer, the Tiger 1 perform better but it eventually throw the right track. The Leo2 moved like a turtle, I don't know why. The only part upgraded for this tank is the metal drive sprockets + the track guides that keep the tracks inline, no more throwing tracks on the Leo2. The Panzer III performs best amount the three though there is one thrown track when I attempted to attack a slope sideway.

From left to right, full metal, half metal, full plastic

Tiger managed to get to the top of the mountain

Panzer III attempts to go up the mountain. Note that all stress on the rear wheel. The suspension of this Panzer is very soft

Leo2 almost fell off to the side when attempted to reverse down the hill.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage

Return to “Heng Long Builds”