Early tiger 1

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
C.Ellis
Private

Early tiger 1

Post by C.Ellis »

Hi all
I finally bought my first tank (which is a tiger 1) from a website called RChighperformancehobbies.com.au. I'm planing to make it into one of the tigers that served in Tunisia in the 501 SPzAbt. As I am a beginner, I would appreciate any advice or input. :D

Here (hopefully) is a picture of my tiger, which turned out to have a 2.4 GHz system despite the add not mentioning it.

P.S. It only cost 163aud including postage. :thumbup:
Aussie
Corporal

Re: Early tiger 1

Post by Aussie »

Nice buy , did it come out of the box just like that?
I ask because if yes , it means H/L have finally moved the cupola to be in the correct position.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

The black box reminds me this is a non-smoking version and 163aud is a reasonable price. Good!
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Looks like you have the new 2.4 set up with better sounds..I would think you have the smoker tho ?
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
C.Ellis
Private

Post by C.Ellis »

:think: Hi steelbird
No the cupola wasn't in that position when it came out of the box, but there was no glue holding it on so I just turned it to face the right way. Also it does have a smoker.... Strange. :think:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sure is the new switchable soundset...........163 eh...............

I shall have a look just now.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As for advice on a Tunisian Tiger, best look up Tiger 131 and see all the world before you :thumbup: :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Good choice on buying a Tiger 1 although depending on the particular Tunisian Tiger you are planning to build will depend on how much scratch building you will have to do,
I can offer you detail on Turret numbers and dates as well as the variants and modifications the Tigers had while in North Africa if you want BUT I warn you that you could find yourself on a journey fraught with frustration trying to achieve your objective.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice this is the same tiger I that I purchased in December in the States for $79.00 with free shipping. It came with the smoker and an improved speaker with the dual sounds. Great starting point for your project. Have fun

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
C.Ellis
Private

Post by C.Ellis »

Thanks guys for your interest in my build.
As to turret numbers I was planing to model my tiger after 141 from the 501 SPzAbt, which envolves moving the headlights to the front face of the tank, removing the escape hatch and replacing it with a pistol port, changing the tops of the air filters at the back and changing the front mudguards. :/ , but for my first build this might not be an easy thing to do. :problem: .
As I still want to do a Tunisian tiger, I might do one from the 504th instead. :'(

Also does anyone know anything about the Colours of the turret numbers of Tunisian tigers. I have had conflicting information from various sites, some saying they are red, some saying they are black, and some saying they are the basic camouflage colour of the tank with a white boarder. :eh:
If anyone could clarify I would be immensly grateful :D .

Return to “Heng Long Builds”