Challenger 2 main gun

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
shadytree
Recruit

Challenger 2 main gun

Post by shadytree »

Hello, can anyone give me some guidance on how to remove the gun barrel on the Heng long challenger. I want to replace the plastic bellow with something better. Many thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
BeavistheCat
Recruit

Re: Challenger 2 main gun

Post by BeavistheCat »

Hi,
Does not look like anyone else has responded to this, so here goes.
Best (safest) thing to do is a full break down. So remove the 5 screws holding the Turret ring. Then remove the 10 screws holding the turret lower to the upper - ignoring at this stage the 4 screws which secures the upper and lower Mantle. Once you have split the upper and lower, the Gun, including Mantle and BB mechanism can be lifted out. Don't damage the wiring to the MG.
You can now undo the remaining 4 screws securing the upper and lower Mantle. The Gun tube is an interference fit to the alloy BB tube.
Now you can remove the "bellow" with a saw or Dremel.
If you look at some of the other Chally Build logs, you will see some suggestions for working alternatives. If you are not planning to install recoil, it does rather beg the question why bother. There's a lot can be done with paint to make the moulding more realistic.
shadytree
Recruit

Post by shadytree »

Hello Beavisthecat thanks but I adapted and overcame in the end.Image

shadytree
Recruit

Post by shadytree »

Still a bit of tidying up to do and maybe Matt black which is what it was supposed to be. Yes I am using recoil but I've adapted a h/l so that the recoil is the correct way. But just needs some refinement.

BeavistheCat
Recruit

Post by BeavistheCat »

Looks decent - and like the rest of the paint job. Did you take the coiled wire and fabric approach? I will have to do some additional work on mine - it is a bit long at the moment, so not to scale.
Cheers, Tony
shadytree
Recruit

Post by shadytree »

Thanks, kind of I could some fuse wire then I wrapped some bandage tape around the coils then gently rolled it between my hands.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”