Panzer III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Panzer III

Post by wibblywobbly »

But the nozzles don't line up on the jerrycans? :haha: :haha: :haha:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

great job with the Jerry can holder , looks spot on
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

wibblywobbly wrote:But the nozzles don't line up on the jerrycans? :haha: :haha: :haha:
Unfortunately, whilst reversing the tank without proper guidance, the driver backed in to an immovable obstacle, distorting the frame. As a consequence, the jerrycans no longer conformed to the usual German standards. ;D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
wibblywobbly wrote:But the nozzles don't line up on the jerrycans? :haha: :haha: :haha:
Unfortunately, whilst reversing the tank without proper guidance, the driver backed in to an immovable obstacle, distorting the frame. As a consequence, the jerrycans no longer conformed to the usual German standards. ;D
No backup camera fitted???? Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I've just acquired an Afrika Korps tank commander figure. There seems to be conflicting information regarding uniform colours. I am open to suggestions as to colours, preferably using Vallejo paint, please.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
You and me, both, S.S.1947. The Tamiya figure I used for Mikes Tiger got a Olive Gruen Tunic and Sand trousers. He was based on an early Uniform. I've also used complete tunic and trousers in Sand which also seems to be correct as well as Black tunic and Black trousers if they are an S.S. Commander. It seems to go based on Unit and year. It's confusing but there are plenty of reference sites out there and Books as well. Link: http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/viewtopic.php?id=18
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

As I understand it, during the first year or two, the uniforms were the standard panzerwaffe black since that is what they had. Later, they used the tropical uniform, which was a lighter green color. These tropical uniforms tended to fade quickly. That fading combined with the dusty environment gave them a yellow-brown/tan color. So, I guess it depends on when and how long the poor sap has been in N. Africa.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thank you both. It seems pretty much - you pays your money and takes your choice. I think I shall go for a faded look.
Richard
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I've seen a picture of a Panzer III, allbeit in a museum, with a row of jerrycans across the front of the turret top. I thought it looked rather good, so was on the point of making up some brackets when reality hit home. If I did this, I would never hear the end of it from my fellow tankers at BAD as they would block off the forward facing IR detector. Shame. I shall have to think of an alternative. Would have looked good though.
Richard
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I've seen a picture of a Panzer III, allbeit in a museum, with a row of jerrycans across the front of the turret top. I thought it looked rather good, so was on the point of making up some brackets when reality hit home. If I did this, I would never hear the end of it from my fellow tankers at BAD as they would block off the forward facing IR detector. Shame. I shall have to think of an alternative. Would have looked good though.
Richard

Return to “Heng Long Builds”