Panther Dots

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Re: Panther Dots

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Finally stopped raining today, got some outdoor shots. Apologies for the 3000 pictures!! Pleased with the way this has turned out in the end.
20210508_143945.jpg
20210508_143958.jpg
20210508_144001.jpg
20210508_144009.jpg
20210508_144030.jpg
20210508_144054.jpg
20210508_144130.jpg
20210508_144142.jpg
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

BRAVO!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Fantastic paint on top of an Awesome build!! Well Done Sir! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh! we love pictures. :D

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What a great camouflage scheme! That one is great for hiding in foliage, and aptly named. Then , too, as Lawrence Welk said, “Get a-down and get a-funky!” :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Glad to have you active, and back here again. :thumbup: The Panther has 'aged' very nicely now, and has that certain credible 'lived-in' look, we often try to achieve. :clap:
Hope the Pea camo (Erbsenmuster) didn't drive the ex dotty.
( I had one of those messy things 20 years ago, but all's well now- and we're still friends; but then... she did go off with all the lucre :/ :thumbup: ).
Have you a new project in mind? If so, do tell :thumbup:
The dread Covid has brought many of us back to the creative modelling fold. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah it’s definitely good to be back doing the tanks. Have finished a stug iii painting wise, got the gearboxes in and just need an ibu, speaker, smoker etc, will get some pics up . I’m learning more each time I do one, need to focus on the fine detailing a bit more next I think. Building a spitfire for the new gf’s dad as he isn’t too good at the moment, will be interesting! Have a tamiya king tiger upstairs for after that, would like a jagdtiger after that. New gf isn’t too far from bovington, have had a few trips there and the big cats are superb as well as very intimidating, can’t imagine facing one in a Sherman, must’ve been petrifying.
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Some bovvy picsImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"Building a spitfire for the new gf’s dad as he isn’t too good at the moment": I will enjoy pictures in the airplane section. Then, too, I maybe someone will take pictures when you present it to the gentleman. Does he know the Spitfire is flying his way, or will be be a surprise?

Of course, I can gawk at Bovington photos, too. It's too far, unh, in terms of $$$$, over the puddle for me. :(
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Bovvy is impressive, I'll only be about 30 mins away when I move down there, would love to volunteer there however I have a few more years yet working! If I'm going over I'll happily take pics for anyone if they need some reference pics

The spitfire kit is an old airfix one, he has no chance of ever building it, his health is not going to improve, he used to be in the RAF and loves the spitfire. The kits actually pretty bad, no well moulded at all however it will out a smile on his face! Got the merlin started.ImageImage

PNW Paul
Recruit

Post by PNW Paul »

Looks top notch! Dont see German disc camo modeled often, looks really good.
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

PNW Paul wrote:Looks top notch! Dont see German disc camo modeled often, looks really good.
Thank you, much appreciated. Just sorting out the electrics at the moment, it's not moved for about 2 years. The IR lights up, gonna upgrade the speaker I think too.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”