Panther G

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Panther G

Post by Woz »

Now I finished my Pz IV it's time to get started on the Pz V.

Picked up cheap 2nd hand Panther G some time ago and bought the taigen Panther hull from forgebear -

Added some bearings to the idlers and turned some shafts on a drill.

Made some bearing housings for the drive shafts.

These slot onto the drive shafts.

and the transmission covers keep them in place.

Put the sprockets and tracks on then gave it a quick test run-

Some of the wheels came lose so I'll have to drill/file the shafts to give the grub screw something to bite into. Very impressed with the Taigen hull though I'm going to have to move the switchs into the rear stowage box and remove the recharge socket (I never recharge the battery inside the tank.)
philipat
Sergeant

Re: Panther G

Post by philipat »

Looks like you're off to a great start. You're going to put these bits and parts that you make on Shapeways, right?
Woz

Post by Woz »

philipat wrote:Looks like you're off to a great start. You're going to put these bits and parts that you make on Shapeways, right?
Thanks
I'll make them SW friendly and put them up once I know they all fit and work.
Woz

Post by Woz »

philipat wrote:Looks like you're off to a great start. You're going to put these bits and parts that you make on Shapeways, right?
http://shpws.me/N1ae

Found a bit of time to do some more. Added a bit of detail to the tool racks and spare track hangers-

Woz

Post by Woz »

Thanks

Added Schürzen Brackets and finished off the tools-

Without skirts-

With skirts-

Now for the back.
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Looks awesome! Just wish the photos were bigger. I could use details of how you did the work on the tools and schurzen for when I get around to building my Panther.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is one good looking panther. The lower hull and road wheels look awesome
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Woz

Post by Woz »

Thanks
c.rainford73 wrote:That is one good looking panther. The lower hull and road wheels look awesomeImage Image
The lower hull is amazing. I've had the bottom running round for a bit and I love it. It does weigh a fair bit (hate to think of much a full metal lower hull would weight).
philipat wrote:Looks awesome! Just wish the photos were bigger. I could use details of how you did the work on the tools and schurzen for when I get around to building my Panther.
Here you go-

Added lids to the rear stowage bins -

Spare track holders, periscopes and a bit of welding-

Engine vents and cooling (I'll paint these up and add them when the rest of the tank has been painted)-

Added a part to the hull release. This covers the hole and as it's sloped it'll hopefully snag less)-
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Sweet! Thanks.

All good stuff. I know you can't see it, but I like the improved slider switch for the hull release. I would have never thought to do that.
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I'm looking forward to see your painting of the lower hull. It's great that you don't charge batteries inside tanks. In that case you'll need an effective fast release system.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage

Return to “Heng Long Builds”