TIGER 1 Silk Purse to Sow,s Ear

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Peregrine
Recruit

Re: TIGER 1 Silk Purse to Sow,s Ear

Post by Peregrine »

Soeren wrote: What do you think, why it is not worth it? Unfortunately the "cheapest" way to aquire those tanks is by buying the complete RtR and painted kit. Buying unpainted tanks separately is even more expensive, from what I saw until now.
Hmm, I was pricing the metal panther parts on rctank.de and it looked like it was much cheaper to get it in parts. Though I wasn't looking at the F turret, and was only interested in the plastic one, so I think it was only for the G turret.
I really love this F paint job though. That was the main reason I wanted to get it.
Torro Late Tiger I: metal pro version, ASP2/Taranis controls, many customizations.
Taigen KV-1: HL 2.4GHz controls, few customizations.

Under Construction:
HL M41 Bulldog: ASP2/Taranis controls, all metal upgrades, many customizations.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

I was figuring to get another lower hull, and even then. You get the lower hull all inclsive for 240€, while it is metal hull, wheels, Motors and gear and metal tracks already at 270€.

When you sum up everything separatly you end up with 440€. The unpainted kit is 380€. And this goes more or less for all the tanks and parts.

Still my question. What do you think Price wise SpartanTracks? Looking forward to your other builds and improvements. :)
Peregrine
Recruit

Post by Peregrine »

well, stuff like metal wheels, tracks, and some other things I priced at tankarmy.com. Much cheaper, even with shipping.
Torro Late Tiger I: metal pro version, ASP2/Taranis controls, many customizations.
Taigen KV-1: HL 2.4GHz controls, few customizations.

Under Construction:
HL M41 Bulldog: ASP2/Taranis controls, all metal upgrades, many customizations.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Maybe I am missing something, but I cant find the same parts on their site.
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

Soeren wrote:I was figuring to get another lower hull, and even then. You get the lower hull all inclsive for 240€, while it is metal hull, wheels, Motors and gear and metal tracks already at 270€.

When you sum up everything separatly you end up with 440€. The unpainted kit is 380€. And this goes more or less for all the tanks and parts.

Still my question. What do you think Price wise SpartanTracks? Looking forward to your other builds and improvements. :)
Price at the end of the day is not what it's worth , It's what someone's prepared to pay, and if you like it and can afford it you kind of have your answer, But in short you can pay £250 for a H/L Pro tank so for an extra £50 think what you get so YES ITS WORTH IT.

Ps I've got a 1/16 Panther G to finish weathering and a very trick Hooben Elefant build over the winter along with a literally massive overhaul and repaint of my 1/6 Jagdpanther.

Kind regards Andy
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

You can get a Promotion Panther G for $255 Oz dollars plus $50 p+p from HongKong. Then add metal wheels from Tank Army.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I'd love to know where is selling henglong pro models for £250 (and have them sell!!).

When I comes to new items the price is what the vendor says it is.

Estniche, the Taigen Panthers have higher quality sprockets wheels and tracks than the other you mention, and that doesn't come with the metal chassis I don't think.

Forgebear was doing the f for around £300 without electrics, which is pretty darn good especially given how good the new moulding is

Return to “Heng Long Builds”