T34/85'started

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

T34/85'started

Post by Spartan tracks »

Well I've had this sat around for nearly 10 months , I decided I didn't want to go to far so stripped it and cleaned it, then painted everything black and resprayed it with shadowing,and have added a few bits also painted a new name on the side instead of the stock H/L ones, Now I've started the weathering but will not go to far as don't want it to be to dark just a dirty T34

Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
fury
Lance Corporal

Re: T34/85'started

Post by fury »

Andy a very nice but dirty looking T34 mate, weathering is spot on as always with all of your builds. :thumbup:
Kevin :wave:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I like that a lot, would love to do a 76mm conversion.
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Very nice looking weathering job.
I wonder if using US gas cans is correct, but have no idea what type 5 gallon cans the Russians did use.

Did a little quick research and found that the Russian 10 liter jerry can was very much like the German one only a little less neatly done.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

They could well be jerrycans, which would have been liberated from the Germans. In 1939 a German engineer gave American engineer Paul Pleiss a complete set of specification for the cans, hence the similarity.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

There only resting on there not fitted as trying to source some Russian ones
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

I'm sure you are correct on that . But the Russians did make their own and used them. That's why I thought the US cans looked out of place.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

From the Wikipedia entry on Jerrycans

Russian usage[edit]
The strength of the Wehrmachtskanister was determined in the Soviet Union. Its design was later copied and the Soviet Army accepted it as the standard container for liquids. This container is still being produced and used in modern Russia. In civilian use this container is used primarily for automotive fuel and lubricants.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

One that I found was that although the cans look very much the same, people who have bought the Russian ones available as surplus nowadays have found that German and other spouts that are available for the typical copy of the German can will not work on the Russian manufactured cans.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Post by siegfried »

Which paint make and colour green did you use? Thanks.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”