T34/85 Conversion, reloaded pictures

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
capt midnight
Corporal

Re: T34/85 Conversion

Post by capt midnight »

I was also able to get the FOD screen frame work soldered up. Here's a few shots of everything in place.
side view
side view
rear
rear
front
front
Here's the plan for the electronics.

I'm going to use a version 2 Taigen MFU and a 6 channel helicopter radio, and receiver. The left stick up and down will function through the regular receiver and control the ducted fans, allowing a dead stop to 100% power. The fans will be powered with an onboard 3s, 11.1 volt li-po pack. Should be able to move quite a bit of air. The rest of the functions will be controlled normally, except for the smoker. My plan is to use the smoker output to raise and lower the jets using a regular HL elevation unit. This way I'll have control of everything from the transmitter, except for the water pump. Still might be able to come up with something for that.

I've not yet ordered the motors for the fans. I just found ones made for the fan units I've got. Those, some more brass tubing, and the MFU are all the supplies I need to finish it up.

More to come!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Oh.

Almost forgot! I went back and put all the pictures back in that photo bucket screwed up.

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I'm loving the figures, Mick!

Since I see that they are "ARMY Military Services" firefighters, I'm assuming that that is the new subdued yellow? :haha:

I've got some more pictures of the progress on this beast, but I've got to get them to the laptop to post.

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Made a bit of head way. I'm pretty sure I've figured out a way to get the jets to elevate using the HL elevation motor. More on that when I get a chance to test it out.

I've got to get some pictures of them yet, but I managed to make a passable representation of safety glass for the cab. You know, the kind with the wire screen in it. Looks pretty good, actually.

Here's a shot of the control panel. A buddy has a figure wearing a standard flight suit. I'm going to repaint him in a bright color jumpsuit.
control panel1
control panel1
control panel 2
control panel 2
Now most of it is to the "putty, sand, repeat" stage.
20180227_200823.jpg
20180227_200903.jpg
Bill
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: T34/85 Conversion, reloaded pictures

Post by Raminator »

Glad to see you back at again with this build, Bill. Great work on the jet engines and housing, it's a perfect match for the reference pictures.

You've got me curious about the safety glass, though. Looking forward to seeing it!
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Raminator wrote:You've got me curious about the safety glass, though. Looking forward to seeing it!
I'll try and get some pictures of the safety glass. It really came out a lot better than I had hoped.

I ordered up most of the items to finish this up, but I still need a Taigen version 2 MFU. Just waiting for them to get some back in stock.

On the bright side, I ordered up a PZ III and some other items to start another build. I still have to get the resin conversion kit for it. I'm going to be doing a Stug III Ausf A. Another build thread coming soon!

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Here's some pictures of the "safety glass". One inside, and a couple outside in sunlight...
20180303_103827.jpg
20180303_104031.jpg
20180303_104037.jpg
I used some of that lace stuff you see at weddings. The stuff that they wrap around mints or bird seed. I spray painted it black, then sandwiched it between two pieces of clear plastic. That's it. Nothing special, but it does pull off the look of safety glass. You really don't notice it until you get closer to it.

Bill
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Top-tier result there Bill, that looks great. What else needs to be done now?
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Thanks, guys!

Right now I'm working on the water headers. They're going to be made out of 1/4 inch copper tubing, with some appropriate sized black flexible hose. I should have these done by the time the supplies I ordered arrive. I keep checking the Taigen site for a version 2 MFU. Need that to be able to pull it all together!

I'll get some pictures up when I get some progress on the spray headers.

Bill
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Im certainly looking on waiting for the action to deluge across the screen :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”