T34/85 Conversion, reloaded pictures

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
capt midnight
Corporal

Re: T34/85 Conversion, reloaded pictures

Post by capt midnight »

The side panels looked a bit bare, so I decided to make up some "busy" panels. I found some parts in the scrap box that looked like industrial hydraulic filters, so on they went.
20180311_121859.jpg
20180311_121859.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 2116 times
Still have some building to do, but I thought it was close enough to throw a paint job on it. Here's the results.
overall
overall
inside of cab
inside of cab
top view
top view
Here's the safety glass installed in the cab.
safety glass
safety glass
I was shopping with the wife the other day and came across a hair band that looked like a small metal conveyor belt, just like what some of the pictures showed. It is real flexible and soldered great.
chain screen 1
chain screen 1
chain screen 2
chain screen 2
I found some silicone hose that I think will work better than the rubber hose I've got. It has a wall thickness of only 1mm and is a lot more flexible. Just have to wait for it to come in. Also still waiting for the MFU. The speed controllers for the fans should be here shortly, so at least I'll be able to fire them up and do a fan and water test run.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Managed to get the beast moving under it's own power today. Had a bolloxed 2.4 MFU from another project, so I dropped it in. The speed controllers for the fans should be here in a day or two. I still have a bit of a wait for the correct hose for the sprays to arrive, but I think I'll temp something together to get it all working.

Still no Taigen V2 receivers in stock, so I guess I'll have to make do with 2 transmitters for a bit! :haha:

I'll post a video when I get the chance to get outside and spray some water.

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Close, but not quite.

Looks to be an earlier version. Maybe a KV-1 Big Wind?

Bill
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ok Mr Midnight.............time to put on the show :eh:
Get the Big Wind blasting already would ya :crazy:

We want a full blown "kids, dont try this at home" moment involving actual fire :D :D
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

HERMAN BIX wrote: We want a full blown "kids, dont try this at home" moment involving actual fire :D :D
Okay, so that is the plan for the coming out party for BW. The wife suggested something involving a propane bottle and some buried tubing!

The weather has just been so hot here this summer that I couldn't get outside for any length of time. I used to work around molten aluminum and molten steel, but just can't tolerate the heat any more. It's starting to cool off now, so maybe I can get something set up next week to satisfy all you fire bugs! :haha:

I did do a test on the functions just a short while back, and everything seems to be working properly. I still have to get another radio set so that I can run dual receivers. My current radio is obsolete and Hobby King doesn't have receivers for it anymore. :/

The wife was so impressed with the testing of the jet fans that she suggested that I only do it again in the house if I wanted a trip to the local emergency room! On the plus side, I did demonstrate that BW will make a fantastic leaf blower. :thumbup:

Getting the tanks ready this week for a model show this weekend. The local club has invited us down again to do some tank demos and show off the goodies, so no massive flames this week!

Bill
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its comin up christmas now Captain !
Wheres our big display ?? :D
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Its comin up christmas now Captain !
Wheres our big display ?? :D
Still hoping to get it done soon. Just kind of waiting on weather, medications, and physical abilities to line up! Got some upcoming doctors appointments, so it might be a bit yet.

The wife is all for setting something on fire so that BW can blow it out! I'm starting to think she's a pyro! :clap:

Bill
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Take the maniac any way you can mate !!
Make sure you inform that doctor that you are a man with major commitments so get the remedy working hummy-hummy !!
Maybe you need more vegimite to burn the nasties out ? ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”