1942 DAK Panzer IV

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1942 DAK Panzer IV

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jarndice!
You are the Man when it comes to all things Panzer IV related. It's an honor to have you come in and advise. I am paying attention and taking notes.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Amid the mutual blandishments, I'd just like to say what a little treat the model is for the eyes, Painless, after your trademark meticulous detailing. :thumbup: :D
I built the Tamiya Cromwell in 1/35 as an artist's model/ maquette for the grown-up Ludwig project. It's a fine model.
At that time, almost too fine a model: ageing gherkin fingers, such as mine have become, are okay for guitar playing, but increasingly preclude working with models under 1/16. :problem: However, I can still enjoy your efforts on our collective behalf. :D :clap:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue May 12, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Roy!
*Includes you in the Blandishments* *chuckles* Thank you, my Friend. I needed a smile. 1/35 is a great scale to work in. The tiny parts are not too tiny ( yet ) and you can see the detailing required. Did you spot this fun lil' effort that I just posted? It was supposed to be research for the 1/16 le FH 18 but wound up being desktop art for me to enjoy and marvel at.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29768
regards,
Painless
Attachments
An idea of the scale involved....jpg
An idea of the scale involved....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Roy!
*Includes you in the Blandishments* *chuckles* Thank you, my Friend. I needed a smile. 1/35 is a great scale to work in. The tiny parts are not too tiny ( yet ) and you can see the detailing required. Did you spot this fun lil' effort that I just posted? It was supposed to be research for the 1/16 le FH 18 but wound up being desktop art for me to enjoy and marvel at.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29768
regards,
Painless
:D Well, I have now, Painless. It's a wee beaut :clap:
For some reason, operating at 1/72 scale... 8O ... reminds me of the movie 'Fantastic Voyage' with Stephen Boyd, and Raquel Welch. :D .That's where a crew and submarine are miniaturised, and then inserted into a patient's bloodstream, in order to work on his life-threatening blood clot.
I'd need a comparable procedure to work on that gun of yours.. :think:
Also, there was something touching about Ukrainian Kolia's plea for fairness. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Roy,
It took extra time to get the gun kit here from the vast and wind blown steppes of the Ukraine but it was worth it. ACE Models with new tooling can be fun to build, even tiny ones like this field piece. I made sure to give Kolia all the Stars available on Ebay. He looks like a nice fellow stuck in Hard Times ( as are we all right now )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

So! After ordering the electronics from Taigen, I needed parts from German sites but no one would ship to the US. Enter Forgebear. ;o) Parts were sourced and shipped from both them and a couple of sites on the Continent. Thank you again,. Dave and Julie. :o)
Pics:
( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Now to turn all of this into an early  F with barrel recoil and flash and working convoy lights.jpg
Now to turn all of this into an early F with barrel recoil and flash and working convoy lights.jpg
Sugar!.jpg
Sugar!.jpg
Things I could not get without the help of Dave and Julie.jpg
Things I could not get without the help of Dave and Julie.jpg
The Goods from Forgebear.jpg
The Goods from Forgebear.jpg
Dave and Julie strike again.jpg
Dave and Julie strike again.jpg
Included Free was a nice battery for this Tank!.jpg
Included Free was a nice battery for this Tank!.jpg
Electronics for the Panzer Build...Erik has a hand in..jpg
Electronics for the Panzer Build...Erik has a hand in..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A very nice shopping spree,
Marston Mortaine's only claim to fame until recently was a massive brickworks nearby and of course http://www.forgebeartanks.com (And there was a bit of a skirmish in the ENGLISH civil war) but cometh the hour cometh the (Very old) man and now the world surely knows about Captain, I tell a lie Colonel No No Sir TOM the Centenarian whose walk around his garden raised £32 Million for the cash strapped and Virus beleaguered NHS (National Health Service) :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
I am sure you agree that Taigens take on the PZ4 Turret is a tour de force,
The faux welds and the bore sight as well as the accurate stowage bin and the side door holders are finally in the correct position,
I do have complaints of course, :lolno:
The Hooks that Tamiya include in their kit are just metal blobs on the Taigen Turret although judicious use of a small file will open them up,
If you are planning to build an Ausf H or J then the nicely shaped Aerial Deflector has to be cut off and the formerly removable Cupola now has to suffer a lot of work to convert it to a single hatch :thumbdown:
Now if someone can get Taigen to fit removable fixtures and fittings to the Body like Heng Long then all will be fine.
Carry on the great work Painless My top class eye (The other one gets the works in July hopefully)Is watching your progress with interest :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

great glad it all got there ok and safe enjoy the sweets and if we can help you again just ask
all the best dave and julie x :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Jarndice! I follow the BBS and saw the Good News about Sir Tom. I really like the Taigen turret for sure. I have some little work in front of me to turn all of those parts and the Heng Long base tank into a DAK Early 'F'. Thank you again, Dave and Julie! I can start having fun this weekend thanks to you.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

no problem bud enjoy yourself stay safe
dave and julie x

Return to “Heng Long Builds”