Pz IV H

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Pz IV H

Post by Woz »

I've had this knocking around for a while.

Now I've decided to convert it to a Pz IV H

Added extra armour and angled the engine deck-

Spare wheel bin

Filters
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Pz IV H

Post by jarndice »

I love what you are doing and planning to do to your PZ4. I shall be watching closely, I have a PZ4 overdue a revamp.
I love Panzer 4s but I regret that we model in 1/16 when 1/12 or 1/14 would give us a lot more room to fit everything in side and out.
That would bring a number of other smaller Tanks into the r/c world and the more modern Tanks would then be the same scale as TAMIYA's r/c truck range so that Tank transporters would be more off the shelf than they are now.
shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I have a different opinion than Wo1c up there lol.....what I'd like to see from one of you 3D print masters is a total refit of a WWII tank...refit meaning put the kind of armor they have on modern tanks....think some would look awesome with some reactive armor and heavier guns ;)

ALPHA
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Good start...I'd like to see the incorporation of the printed parts in your Shapeways shop, especially the mud flaps and the turret detail. Some of those would have been useful on my build if they had been available at the time when I did the mods.
MAUS45
Recruit

Post by MAUS45 »

Like what you are doing WoZ. Is the position of the air filters a test fit? As I think they go a little further back closer to the engine compartment. Will you be sharing those on your shapeways shop?
Woz

Post by Woz »

Schurzen rails and single cover commanders hatch.

With skirts (they are removable so I can take them off when I'm running the tank.)-

Re-did the Mudflaps-<br />

MAUS45 wrote:Like what you are doing WoZ. Is the position of the air filters a test fit? As I think they go a little further back closer to the engine compartment. Will you be sharing those on your shapeways shop?
Thanks. I tacked it on until I got the rails sorted and forgot to move it
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Very nice! :thumbup: :clap:

Any close-ups of the mudflaps? They look like the ones from your Shapeways page and I'm considering them, but would like a closer look at how they attach and work. TIA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Shape ways eh !
Tis a winner Mr Woz, aide to look so easy
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Woz

Post by Woz »

Added metal wheels and tracks and started on the turret. Modified the stowage bin and removed the side view ports-

Added the turret Schurzen -

philipat wrote:Very nice! :thumbup: :clap:

Any close-ups of the mudflaps? They look like the ones from your Shapeways page and I'm considering them, but would like a closer look at how they attach and work. TIA

The front ones are just glued on (I may pin them later)-

The back one are pinned on-

philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Nice work! Thanks for the close-ups! :clap:

Very tempting... :think:

You could also add the tension springs with some copper wire from an electrical cable. That would be the cat's meow on those nice mudflaps. :thumbup:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”