Eric's HL M4A3/M10A1/M36/VC Firefly

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Eric's HL M4A3/M10A1

Post by Ecam »

Thanks, simple enough....back to the drawing board.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Found a brass mold approximately .45 that worked well to form the heated sprue. Great idea, thank you for the help.

Eric
Woz

Post by Woz »

I made these some time ago-

http://shpws.me/LnPj

These are the test prints I did on my printer-

http://warrenhudsonmodelling.blogspot.c ... -caps.html
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I believe I have a couple of those left over and offered them as well. I think Eric is in a scratch building mood now tho'. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Attachments
I only used the one out of three.
I only used the one out of three.
The cap and hinges were hand drilled with my Yankee drill and a #61 bit while still mounted on the plastic 'paper' they came on..JPG (88.61 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Ecam wrote:Thanks, simple enough....back to the drawing board.
I'll try to get a better photo of the finished cover...Maybe I'll ask Mike to borrow his camera...just to see if it works :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Ecam wrote:Found a brass mold approximately .45 that worked well to form the heated sprue. Great idea, thank you for the help.
I used my lighter to burn the sprue...you might think about using a candle if you have a few to make...the handles and the lock were done with scrap flat plastic...I filed a U shape first...sanded them...then glued them on...the side with the handle was carefully trimmed and another stretched sprue was bent and glued onto the end of the U...final trim on that was done with an emery board ;)

GOOD LUCK!... :thumbup:

ALPHA
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Woz wrote:I made these some time ago-

http://shpws.me/LnPj

These are the test prints I did on my printer-

http://warrenhudsonmodelling.blogspot.c ... -caps.html
Those are awesome! Shipping to the non tea drinkers?

Eric
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon,
I believe I have a couple of those left over and offered them as well. I think Eric is in a scratch building mood now tho'. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Wouldn't say "in the scratch building mood" as much as trying to keep it "in house". Part of this exercise has been learning to work in 1/16th and frankly, learning to scratch build. I do/did appreciate your generous offer (as well as Palepainter's).

Eric
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Ecam wrote:
PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon,
regards,
Painless
Wouldn't say "in the scratch building mood" as much as trying to keep it "in house". Part of this exercise has been learning to work in 1/16th and frankly, learning to scratch build. I do/did appreciate your generous offer (as well as Palepainter's).
Eric,
If you decide to try your hand at the casting. The source I sent you is a great store. They have classes and are pretty good about educating you enough to use the product. In fact, they will ship it to ya so you can keep it in house. You wont regret going that route. It is not that costly as the volume of silicone is enough to make quite a few molds that will last hundreds of castings. Best of luck!! It is looking sweet!

Pale
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

palepainter wrote: Eric,
If you decide to try your hand at the casting. The source I sent you is a great store. They have classes and are pretty good about educating you enough to use the product. In fact, they will ship it to ya so you can keep it in house. You wont regret going that route. It is not that costly as the volume of silicone is enough to make quite a few molds that will last hundreds of castings. Best of luck!! It is looking sweet!

Pale
I've got one cap that really came out the way I had hoped, and plan on using as a mold maker. I will drop by that shop next week.

Eric

Return to “Heng Long Builds”