Eric's HL M4A3/M10A1/M36/VC Firefly

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Eric's HL M4A3/M10A1

Post by Ecam »

Worked on some templates today now that the M10 fits the HL M4A3. Still have to build the template for the top plate and mounts. Was able to cut out the 12 pieces in just minutes.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: I know something........it just makes me giggle inside :haha: ... ;)

Fine ..Fast work Ecam :clap: ...soon you'll be giving Frankie some competition ;)

ALPHA
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Haven't had much time lately to work on tanks. Been building a Jeep Wrangler for a customer for an upcoming show at Easter Jeep in Moab Utah. Same Jeep will be headed to the SEMA show in Vegas toward the end of the year.

Finished the chassis for the M36 and that's about all on that one. Worked on a 75 conversion for the first Sherman with the extra turrets I have. Mike's donated FOV turret is usable right now, but I wanted to attempt some changes with the HL turret. Deleted the rear ventilator and modified the front one. Propane torch, gloves and a 3/4" deep socket was all it took to get the right shape on the gun mount. Made a different MG mount and commanders sight. Should have some time next week to start the gun shield/mantlet with those flap thingies.

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got to say, it you Shermaholics have it baaaaaaad !!
Lucky your not a chick with a shoe-thing going on mate :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Who told you about my shoes? Did my brother PM you?

I've liked the M4 for about 40+ years, and in that time I never found a 1/35 kit that was fun to build. Those small scale tracks are awful. I never tried the Tamyia 1/16 Sherman because of the HVSS (but do plan a Easy 8 soon). But now I can build relatively cheap VVSS versions.

I am a Shermaholic. I don't need no help. I like it!

Eric
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
There are so many variants. You will be busy for years to come. ;o) This is not a bad thing at all. ( I'm still awaiting Mato's M10 in metal )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Ecam wrote:
Yup...Sorry to say....that's an Illness that is incurable ...and now that you do it in 3d..remotely controlled to boot...the only way out is with a straight jacket and a Padded room ;)

That's some fine work there Ecam :thumbup:

ALPHA
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

ALPHA wrote:
Ecam wrote:
Yup...Sorry to say....that's an Illness that is incurable ...and now that you do it in 3d..remotely controlled to boot...the only way out is with a straight jacket and a Padded room ;)
Or a 1:1 scale tank! :haha:

I'm not as spun up on the Sherman. What changes did you make to the three turrets? Are they there for comparison purposes?
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Yes, comparison. Far left is FOV's nicely detailed low bustle, center is the one I will use on the Sherman that started this thread and the right is a stock HL as it comes out of the box.

Did get some resin and mold making goop at Reynolds as was suggested. I am in the middle of my first attempt to mold something.

Eric
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

philipat wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
Ecam wrote:
Or a 1:1 scale tank! :haha:
:shh: ....I think there's still a lot of those around....It's Dangerous to mention things like that to a Shermaholic ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Heng Long Builds”