"KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

"KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Lads, I should have done the STuG when it was supposed to be done.............right after the PzIII Munitionschlepper. Ive spent the best part of the year doing the Panther Zu-Fuss instead, its hard to do a T34/85 now as it would be the third green tank in a row !
So, the StuG is getting the next jersey.

I want it to be real rough, with some concrete add-on armour, missing guards, schurzen/missing schurzen, and plenty of mud.
The base tank is a standard H/L with normal RX18 radio which might get dropped for 2.4G is I can get it.
I have all metal running gear, transmissions, mantlet, winterketten etc etc, but this will not be a winter tank.
More like a spring thaw tank with the winter tracks still fitted. Looking around the Feb/March '44 ish.
A well worn survivor - a real "War Pig"
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: "KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

Post by ALPHA »

You are Forgiven Herman....I remember back when you did that schlepper ....I remember you not feeling too enthused afterwards....So it was good you skipped over to the KT octopus ...and the Zu Fuss....as it sounds like you have a better grasp of what you want to do with your Stug now

I do also recall a project requested by your little woman...something in the shade of Pink :haha: ...an Allied vehicle..beginning with the letter "S"...that's the one that I think everyone is waiting for :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Ah! Excellent! I get to watch someone build a StuG now. I will sit back and enjoy. ;o) Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, here goes.
Step 1:

Take a perfectly fine out of the box RC tank and just rip into it.
Attachments
PA081896.JPG
PA061897.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:You are Forgiven Herman....I remember back when you did that schlepper ....I remember you not feeling too enthused afterwards....So it was good you skipped over to the KT octopus ...and the Zu Fuss....as it sounds like you have a better grasp of what you want to do with your Stug now

I do also recall a project requested by your little woman...something in the shade of Pink :haha: ...an Allied vehicle..beginning with the letter "S"...that's the one that I think everyone is waiting for :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
OOooooooHhhhhhh God, I mean , Oh Good ...........................you as well ?
Like she has not forgotten, thanks to you I still have this pink legacy hanging over me :problem:
Lucky for me the S is out of stock at my favorite supplier, so the wait goes on.
Turns out these other 'S' things (STuGs) have even more combination solutions than a ten sided Rubicks feck'n cube, so I'm flat out getting my mind made up on how this one is going to look once done.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote: OOooooooHhhhhhh God, I mean , Oh Good ...........................you as well ?
Like she has not forgotten, thanks to you I still have this pink legacy hanging over me :problem: .
You're welcome :haha: :haha:
Lucky for me the S is out of stock at my favorite supplier, so the wait goes on.
Turns out these other 'S' things (STuGs) have even more combination solutions than a ten sided Rubicks feck'n cube, so I'm flat out getting my mind made up on how this one is going to look once done.
The Challenge is on!! ;) ...Cheers to your new build

Panzer Vor Herman :thumbup:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
These may be useful: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-ATAK-MODEL ... 1e72f32a33 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-ATAK-MODEL ... 20e70d96b5
Following along! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Herman,
These may be useful: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-ATAK-MODEL ... 1e72f32a33 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-ATAK-MODEL ... 20e70d96b5
Following along! ;o)
regards,
Painless
Ive seen those mate, really good.
Mine is going to be along the lines of the first one, with embeded track in concrete on the sponsons. Im going to use actual concrete !
Got some today, that rapid set stuff. Will try it & see on a test. Might need to add some form of polyfilla material to it, but we are talking a cubic inch or two, so not much to work with.
Had a surprise with my steel gearboxs last night.
Turns out the set I got over a year ago for this are long shaft ones not the short ones, and my spare set-just in case- are high profiles, so had to place a midnight order for a low profile-short shaft steel gear box.
Now I have 2 spare steel gear sets :/
While I was at it, also ordered a 2015 version of the 2.4G radio unit.
So.................T34 track armour/concrete, winterketten, much of the guards missing along with the schurzen mounts & plates, as mass of stowage on the deck, and extra spare wheels & jerry cans where space allows.
Painted in a dunklegelb base with an olivgrun pattern.
Might even try a square style zimmerit if the mood takes me, grey barrel, and lots of mud.
Hmmm, sounds easy when you type quickly !!!
Attachments
Mine wont have the sun-roof !
Mine wont have the sun-roof !
ec2a69ecb7fb2f308a41b67fecf83426[1].jpg (37.89 KiB) Viewed 7142 times
Been lucky to get back this one !
Been lucky to get back this one !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

There's a kit for that model Herman...maybe you can find it closer to where you are...but this is what they have on EBAY US....the guy is in poland 8O ...I'm sure he ships to Australia
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-ATAK-MODEL ... 1e72f32a33

Looks like it comes with the waffle patterned Zim

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its nice alright, but Im laying my own driveway this time !
This is going to be a combination of many pictured vehicles, with the object- war weary.
Seems the standard type of machine went out with the short guns !
Appears they were let to run wild in the field doing whatever it took to keep in the fight.
Almost the U-Boat stars of armour ;)
Irregular, inovative but disciplined & tough.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”