"KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
GreenAmphibian
Lance Corporal

Re: "KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

Post by GreenAmphibian »

Seeing the elephant is a reference to being personally involved in armed conflict. Hannibal took elephants over the Alps to help fight the Persians. Hence the reference to seeing the elephant. History lesson now concluded.

Your StuG is looking really good by the way.

Herman
Death smiles at everyone, Marines smile back!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

May I point out that Hannibal crossed the Alps with his elephants to fight the Romans. The elephants were not a success, being stampeded and trampling on the Carthaginians.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Herman your model is amazing, authentic, and inspirational!! It isn't just a model but a work of art and anyone can see that there are many, many hours of effort and dedication invested in producing this masterclass. I can only look on agog. :clap: :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
MAUS45
Recruit

Post by MAUS45 »

Herman Bix, this is a fantastic looking StuG!!! Great weathering.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

GreenAmphibian wrote:Seeing the elephant is a reference to being personally involved in armed conflict. Hannibal took elephants over the Alps to help fight the Persians. Hence the reference to seeing the elephant. History lesson now concluded.

Your StuG is looking really good by the way.

Herman
Thanks Mr Green, I get it now Mr Painless !
I would say that this thing has not only seen the 'Elefant' but sat behind it too long after dinner :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

AlwynTurner wrote:Herman your model is amazing, authentic, and inspirational!! It isn't just a model but a work of art and anyone can see that there are many, many hours of effort and dedication invested in producing this masterclass. I can only look on agog. :clap: :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Thats real kind of you Mr Turner.............but your builds done out of nothing more than a set of blueprints and flat plastic sure do set you amongst the special folk that I look to as magicians :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

MAUS45 wrote:Herman Bix, this is a fantastic looking StuG!!! Great weathering.
Cheers Mr Maus, much appreciated.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

At the risk of updating a 'submarine thread', got new tracks from the 'track fairy' !!

Got the Ostketten painted & in place.
After 3 years of latent existence, and despite looking pretty good when I finished it, these tracks are just that much more righter'er !!
Now I have to find a unit/period to match this configuration. :/
Still to add pigment on these to the same level of the now infamous Winterketten, but I am much enamored with the chunky Ostketten's

No more late first spring-post Kursk GrossDeutschland .............the quest begins. :problem:
Attachments
P3260005.JPG
P3260008.JPG
P3260006.JPG
P3260002.JPG
P3260001.JPG
P3260004.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

I would say that those tracks look familiar, but they are so much better weathered!

Nice tank!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Track Fairy !!
Pigment is the new Black ya know !!
Im out of stock of the MIG pigments I used to do the original tracks, but as they still make it, Im going to get new stock & hook in big style.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”