"KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: "KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I get back to the world on the 20th for 8 days, then out for a month so the victa will need to be finished .
The tracks will be a bit fiddly as I want a mix of winterketten and standard . The winter tracks I have will not pin to the PZ iii tracks so yet to get that sorted.
Could be that I will break off most of the snow cleats leaving a few.
Not sure
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I don't where to put this but they recover a Stug off the ground in rather good shape. There seems to be some bullet holes on it. The tracks and wheels are still moveable.

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes, that video is enthralling.
Amazing to find it so intact.
I did plan this as the subject for the Pig build, but as I had already done a winter tiger and munitionslepper pzIII I decided to go for a less wintery look.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good vid Mr Kaiser.
I was also lucky to see the StuG in the Littlefield collection in '13 .
The thing was immaculate .
I am now counting down the days to get back home, introduce myself to those strangers living in my house, and unwind on my tank!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The Munster house !
Cheers mate, I am looking forward to getting home, but things changed today so I won't be able to leave before the 23rd and then only for 4 days.
She is not happy
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Aah but the thought of an entire tent protruding from my ejection port is fear enough to risk unemployment before missing that day, I can assure you !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well lads, I'm back. Got a priceless 8 days home.
Sneaked home in a ute late last night, took 7 and a half hours. Landcruisers are not designed for long distance travel(ask my flat ass!)
Came up the side of the house by the pool & scared the she-ite out of the wife & teenage son :O
Mrs was under the impression I was out delivering a new radiator to a rig site !
It was gold ;)

Got a bit done today as the ole "life goes on while you're away" thing carried on with dance class for the youngest & kindy for the oldest(of the youngest) and work for the oldest two :/

Secured all the spare track sections & the lower glacis T-34 section. Rusted them up as required, and added the mud formula.
Bunged on the rear deck stowage(yet to dirty that up) and now only need to do the tracks & tow cables.
Attachments
PC220058.JPG
PC220057.JPG
PC220051.JPG
PC220049.JPG
PC220049.JPG (90.41 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Just watched a movie entitled "WarPigs" It was a decent flick. I gladly say that your 'KriegSchwein' is much better in production and presentation. ;o) Happy Holidays!, my friend.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I've not seen it Mr Painless. I appreciate the kind words.
This one has actually been , to be honest, my most fun so far. Its not followed any set direction, has had a few woopsee moments and has delivered on the over all concept.
There is a little bit to do still, the tarp for the gun block, a few odds & ends, plus the unmissable bucket(which is ready painted)
The Mrs had a friend over for an xmas kiddy-group thing, so I graciously excused myself to the outdoor inferno & painted the tracks. ;)
After twisting up most of the snow blades, the brew of copper, gun metal and this time, hull red went on.

Got them fitted and tensioned(not to happy with the left side-might need to lose a link) & took a burn around the house.
Back on the turntable tonight & hit the tracks with pigment and pastels mixed with diluted white glue.
This thing is dirty let me tell ya :eh:
Pics as soon as I can get a bit of quiet time
Attachments
PC230062.JPG
PC230058.JPG
PC230056.JPG
PC230055.JPG
not clean tracks
not clean tracks
clean tracks
clean tracks
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Forgot one
Attachments
PC230057.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”