Custom HL M26 Pershing

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Re: Custom HL M26 Pershing

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

In order to make it removable, I did not glue on of the face plates. Instead I glued a small strip of plasticard behind it. I used this as an anchor for a screw to hold the plate on. I'll change the screws out for bolts at a later time. I'm still working on a way to secure it to the mantlet that's easily removable.

And here is the finished product!

And that about sums up my current progress with this tank. Now that I'm done (mostly done) with my move, I should have more time to keep working on this tank. Starting with a uniform color, lol.

If you would like more specific information about any part of this build, please feel free to ask! Also, tips, mod ideas, and examples are always welcome!

I do have a quick question though. I have a few videos of me testing the off road capabilities of this tank, and I was wondering if I should post them here or make a new thread somewhere else?
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Interesting take on the mantlet - I quite like it :)
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Ad Lav wrote:Interesting take on the mantlet - I quite like it :)
Thanks! It's very T32 esque look.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

I have made an historical discovery...

The T26E5 "Jumbo" Pershing!

This might be the new focus of this build...
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Here's some more.

RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

It's been a while since I've worked on this ol gal. Nothing fancy. My Wife relented and let me move my tanks up from the basement into "my" office. So, now that I can see the it everyday, I decided to at least make it one color. :)

RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Roboticus_Prime wrote:It's been a while since I've worked on this ol gal. Nothing fancy. My Wife relented and let me move my tanks up from the basement into "my" office. So, now that I can see the it everyday, I decided to at least make it one color. :)

Congrats on the "move" it's a huge accomplishment .... I should know I've been asking for about 5 years and still get a bigImage Luckily my workshop is next to the living room downstairs so they are proudly displayed there....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Spam In A Can 26
Lance Corporal

Post by Spam In A Can 26 »

Its nice to see an M26 get a bit of attention, they seem to be the red haired stepchild of the tread-head brigade!
I'm humbled in the presence of a master.
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Spam In A Can 26 wrote:Its nice to see an M26 get a bit of attention, they seem to be the red haired stepchild of the tread-head brigade!
I'm humbled in the presence of a master.
Yeah, the Pershing got the 1-2 punch of being too late in the war to get any fame, and getting re-designated M46 Patton after an engine upgrade.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”