Leopard 2 A 6 2.4ghz

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
gregK9
Recruit

Leopard 2 A 6 2.4ghz

Post by gregK9 »

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased one of these tanks, to be honest, my very first rc tank too. However I have noticed one small thing, when operating the tank remotely, the range seems very short, maybe 4 - 5 mtrs and the tank stops, hesitates, then moves on. Move it closer and all operations are smooth and flawless.
is this an "aerial" thing, if so, where is the aerial in the tank as checked the receiver but cant see any aerial lead sticking out of the casing.
I did notice that the receiver is shoved down the side of the battery box and is indeed, fairly close to the drive motors at the back end, could be interference, if so, where to remount the receiver, as its too tight on top of the battery box to put their, nice n high up.

many thanks in advance.

ps will post some pics of it shortly, once ive taken outside to do some.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Leopard 2 A 6 2.4ghz

Post by jackalope »

2.4 has internal antenna and shouldn't have a range issue. See if there's a way to re-bind the receiver to the transmitter.
Darkas
Private

Post by Darkas »

My Leopard goes to 100m, maybe more...
Street is not longer and I want the tank not to run out of sight.

? Image ?
? HL Leopard 2a6
? HL 3rd gen 2.4 Ghz RX and TX
? 4.1 PRO steel gearboxes, 380 motors/18.000t
? Metal Tracks, Sprocket-, Idler- and Road wheels
? KOMODO+
? Slip ring for 360º turret rotation
? Selfmade Darkas unit
gregK9
Recruit

Post by gregK9 »

Thanks guys, will try " re bind", I have started the "add ons" [as you do], additional turret machine gun, dust n grime, rusting up the tracks etc. Ive just got to get the hang of the picture uploads as my files too big, so will post as soon as sorted.
gregK9
Recruit

Post by gregK9 »

Ok, sorry about the watermark on these files, but at least its a start till I source another program to re size the images.
Attachments
DSCF1190.jpg
DSCF1189.jpg
DSCF1188.jpg
DSCF1186.jpg
DSCF1185.jpg
Darkas
Private

Post by Darkas »

Came the machine gun with the tank or did you buy it somewhere else?

I need one too.

Must fit to the Heng Long Leopard I have.

? Image ?
? HL Leopard 2a6
? KOMODO+
? Selfmade Darkas unit
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

gregK9 wrote:Hi Guys,

Recently purchased one of these tanks, to be honest, my very first rc tank too. However I have noticed one small thing, when operating the tank remotely, the range seems very short, maybe 4 - 5 mtrs and the tank stops, hesitates, then moves on. Move it closer and all operations are smooth and flawless.
is this an "aerial" thing, if so, where is the aerial in the tank as checked the receiver but cant see any aerial lead sticking out of the casing.
I did notice that the receiver is shoved down the side of the battery box and is indeed, fairly close to the drive motors at the back end, could be interference, if so, where to remount the receiver, as its too tight on top of the battery box to put their, nice n high up.

many thanks in advance.

ps will post some pics of it shortly, once ive taken outside to do some.
Are you using the stock Battery?....Sounds like symptoms of a weak Battery....I Just purchased an M1a2...full metal pro model...tested it with an old NiCd...it didn't last very long either before sputtering out....Put in a freshly charged Lipo...5000 mah...and she's fine
With that said... I still got great range with the NiCd...Better and longer with the Lipo...Mine came with a1800mah LiOn ...haven't charged or used that one yet
Anyway...check your power sources

ALPHA
Darkas
Private

Post by Darkas »

Or maybe the batteries in the transmitter are weak?
Bad contact?
Not strong enough signal?

? Image ?
? HL Leopard 2a6
? KOMODO+
? Selfmade Darkas unit
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Darkas wrote:Or maybe the batteries in the transmitter are weak?
Bad contact?
Not strong enough signal?

? Image ?
Yup..."power sources" ;) ...Both TX and tank (Sounds more like tank though lol)

ALPHA
gregK9
Recruit

Post by gregK9 »

The machine gun was purchased from "Tank zone" and its a superb detailed casting in brass,.
The battery in the tank is brand new and of higher capacity than original, its a 3000 mahr.

The one area I did find problematic was the battery carrier in the transmitter, has some dividers for the batteries, which meant that if you placed a battery with a very "shallow" tip in there, it only just made contact, so im going to get the dremel out and remove the battery dividers, see if this makes a difference to contact pressure between batteries.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”