BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

Post by Soeren »

The more I look at it, the more I think of this diorama to be a fantastic idea. As I figured myself, only recently starting modeling since I was a boy, the diorama is THE completion of any model. And there is so much ready to use already available at reasonable price points, it is fantastic. And I would like to do something similar for my rc tanks as well. The round table option looks quite promising as well, as it includes a proper stand and you don't need an additional support. Maybe I will have to try out Ikea for some nice table.but when you say yours was 38cm. I would guess German tanks would need 60cm for sure.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

DaveB2 wrote:I'm not sure if the site rules allow me to post a picture of a "WW2 German poster" - copyright? But if you try that phrase in Google it comes up with lots of pictures which could be printed off and turned into a tattered poster on a damaged wall.
If its in the public domain, its not a problem............
Put em up mate :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Diorama is a great way to display our models.

When someone like Herman has spent many hours making his tank(s) look super realistic the best way to show them off is in an environment that does the tank justice.

Why build a museum quality tank and then photograph it on the kitchen table ???

Way to go Herman. Power to your elbow. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soeren wrote:The more I look at it, the more I think of this diorama to be a fantastic idea. As I figured myself, only recently starting modeling since I was a boy, the diorama is THE completion of any model. And there is so much ready to use already available at reasonable price points, it is fantastic. And I would like to do something similar for my rc tanks as well. The round table option looks quite promising as well, as it includes a proper stand and you don't need an additional support. Maybe I will have to try out Ikea for some nice table.but when you say yours was 38cm. I would guess German tanks would need 60cm for sure.

It is tight, thats for sure.
I was an avid reader of one Mr Verlindens techniques decades ago & he always said the best diorama is smaller & busier.......
In saying that though, for me to dump my King Tiger on the same base................yeah, sweet F.A. in the way of scenery would be left as an option :/ :/
The real simple idea is that the 1/76 Matchbox model tanks back in the day all came out with some sort of very small vignette/diorama display base that was ideally suited to the specific model in the box.
So, mine can be the same.......................
No matter the method, having some sort of display base has to be better than a tank just sitting.
RC or not, if they are not moving, then they are static, same as a normal plastic kit tank.

I did one on my first 1/16th build Jagdpanther that is ok, but plain............had plans to do another for my White Tiger that was just going to be too time consuming, and now this.

Ideas, space, and time............the usual :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tiggr wrote:Diorama is a great way to display our models.

When someone like Herman has spent many hours making his tank(s) look super realistic the best way to show them off is in an environment that does the tank justice.

Why build a museum quality tank and then photograph it on the kitchen table ???

Way to go Herman. Power to your elbow. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:{ :{
Thanks mate.............
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
DaveB2
Recruit

Post by DaveB2 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: If its in the public domain, its not a problem............
Put em up mate :thumbup:
There's a load of them out there but three that sort of tickled my fancy were..

Given that it's the last days possibly

or maybe

or with a touch of irony

Fantastic little scene you've built there btw, I do like the picture taken from the perspective of someone right up behind the guy with the panzerfauste waiting for his moment.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional and vastly overrated.
Is it that as we get older we get wiser or do we just run out of stupid things to do?
DaveB2
Recruit

Post by DaveB2 »

If it's any help I dropped a few posters into a pdf which when printed on A4 will give you something that should approximate to a 1m high poster in 1/16th - I think.
WW2 German posters 1.rar
(345.5 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
The number I put on the page is limited by the 350mb limit on attachment size and the resolution of the pictures themselves although I could alter that.

If it doesn't quite do what you need but is in the right direction let me know what you'd want to change and I'll have another go.

Dave
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional and vastly overrated.
Is it that as we get older we get wiser or do we just run out of stupid things to do?
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Fantastic diorama, boss. I'd never even considered anything like that before, but it's a great way to give context to the model. I love the way the brick debris on the fenders and glacis ties the tank into the world.
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Hmmm - maybe propaganda pictures might be posted on an exterior wall by some bill poster, but IMHO pics inside a home would be 'homely' - a landscape of the alps or a portrait of serving family member.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Lads, really appreciate the kudos for the finished scene.

I think a formal, tasteful portrait of the Fuhrer from earlier more heady days would be the one Im after for the inside of the wall.
Who knows, the glimpse of his leader and inspiration could spur the man on to take this tank, then the next, and the next until Berlin was free.............

I had the guy over tonight that painted & supplied the 'Faustnik' to assist with sussing out the issues with my Jagdtiger.
Bad news is his Taiger Tiger has issues that need to be fixed so I can use it to fix mine :crazy: :crazy:
Thats for another thread.................

But the use of his guy to seed the idea of that mini-dio was pretty cool. AND he took the time to mask off my Jagdpanther & spray crosses on each side...........and made that caper look as easy as a backpacker on the GC on new years eve :{ :shifty:
Again, another thread..
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”