BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This will be my first go in history at a Soviet tank in any scale. Got the inspirqation again from a picture I found trawling through the net for Tiger 1 pics of all things.
I have the tank on the way as well as almost all the bits to fit it out.
Got the 10 acres of bronze mesh today, cant believe I am looking at a new build already when the Panther ZF is held up.

Anyhoo, heres the concept............................
Attachments
T-34Berlin_photos2_zpsd2f66394[1].jpg
T-34Berlin_photos2_zpsd2f66394[1].jpg (92.85 KiB) Viewed 6422 times
t-34_85-berlin_03[1].jpg
t-34_85-berlin_03[1].jpg (45.52 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

Post by edpanzer »

I shall be following this one definitely herman
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

I saw an example of one of these today at War and Peace in Folkstone. Really nice looking model.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

NOPE!....GOTTA FINISH THAT ZU FUSS FIRST!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Carpe Diem Herman Image

ALPHA

PS. Understandably .....I can see why you are anxious to start this one...after all you did harvest in a bunch of brass screen ;) ...might watch and follow along..Maybe :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

billpe wrote:I saw an example of one of these today at War and Peace in Folkstone. Really nice looking model.
I have to say there are truck loads of these in 1/35th and 48th scale so plenty of reference material.After I found the picture they all fell out of the woodwork.
Just got me interested with the crude screens and the lived-in look.
Its a 2.4Gig version but an early type so will test it out before hooking into the mods.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Good morning,
If you want to see what those bed springs look like in 1/16 scale, have a look at Phil's T-34\85 build he did a while back. He completely nailed it.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cheers mate, will do a search & see.
Off the top of my head, there will be no way I can step up to one of Mr Phils builds, but I will give it a red hot go.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Yep Herman...Phil's build is really something you should check out...Dgssellkirk also made one..both pitched in with suggestions / inspiration for my T34

ALPHA

PS. A good method to make those springs...get some really fine stator wire...roll it on an appropriate size pin and viola! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

All of Mr Phils are showing no pictures. Archived or deleted it says.
Looks to be back in 09 ?
Ive got the general idea, it arrived today & tested fine. Pretty cool looking out of the box really.
The period pictures should give me the end result, but now the research begins into to finer points of Soviet tanks !
My idea is to use the beaten up look with city debris/rubble & dust to weather.
I really wish my NVG would arrive from asiatam though. No replies to emails, nothing.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:All of Mr Phils are showing no pictures. Archived or deleted it says.
Looks to be back in 09 ?
Ive got the general idea, it arrived today & tested fine. Pretty cool looking out of the box really.
The period pictures should give me the end result, but now the research begins into to finer points of Soviet tanks !
My idea is to use the beaten up look with city debris/rubble & dust to weather.
I really wish my NVG would arrive from asiatam though. No replies to emails, nothing.
Yeah...Doc Phil made his own website...offhand don't know the URL...but it's Phil's little world ...something like that...you might find the link on one of his posts

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”