ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Re: ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

Post by jarndice »

Abe I half smiled and shuddered at the same time when I saw your Feifal air cleaners,
I had nothing but trouble building my early pattern examples,
When finally I finished glueing the chains to the drain caps and with those darn swivelling intake pipes actually working at last and all that was left to do was screw them to the rear panel, I walked into the front room gave my lady a loving kiss and exclaimed DONE IT!!!
ok dear she replied, WOMEN!!! :/
I think I know what you went through and it has to be one of the single most challenging parts of the build, WELL DONE :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Hi guys, sorry for no postings...Laptop died and was Luckily under warranty so now fixed free of charge...RESULT

More posts soon
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Abe,
Very impressive work....
Just to ask is there any chance of some photos of your work that you list here below ??.....You could start a new thread to show this work (I guess in Off Topic) as the Storm Trooper is superb ...
(Although are UFO and Captain Scarlet "honourary military" for the Larger Scale Military section... :haha: )

"Finishing off electrics on real gun parts Pulse Rifle, Moebius 1/72 ( Big One ) Flying Sub, 29" Millennium Falcon, 1/72 Falcon diorama ( Bloody huge ) and studio scale UFO Shado mobile ( about 2 foot long )
Soon to be starting 22 inch Captain Scarlet SPV when my mate has finished the fiberglass bodies"
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Dietrich, thanks dude for your kind words. I will see if there is anywhere obvious on the site to put them, or I could send you some links to other sites where I have build threads...let me know. You might enjoy mooching some other interest sites...the RPF site especially has some incredible talented builders too.

In the meantime:

I imagine the two plates near the front of the turret wall, rectangular top and bottom plates, should actually be removed and replaced as weld seams, but was there an actual plate here? Or is it just a weld around a drop in shape on the turret roof to form a solid joint?

Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the skirt blocks, the square blocks welded to the hull so the skirt can be bolted to them?

Good to be back dudes.
DavidByrden
Corporal

Post by DavidByrden »

Abe Froman wrote: I imagine the two plates near the front of the turret wall, rectangular top and bottom plates, should actually be removed and replaced as weld seams, but was there an actual plate here? Or is it just a weld around a drop in shape on the turret roof to form a solid joint?
This is the construction of the Tiger's turret:

The crossbars were shimmed and welded into place. They could protrude a little from the side wall, but if the tank was manufactured carefully, they would be flush with the surface of the wall.

Abe Froman wrote: Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the skirt blocks, the square blocks welded to the hull so the skirt can be bolted to them?
Why, yes.

Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

David, as always to the rescue. Thank you Sir :thumbup: :clap:

Will shave the turret parts off and get adding the weld.
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

HE'S BACK

Its been over two years since I last posted!!!

Apologies all, have been starting other builds in the meantime ( notice I said started! I am bloody Useless...too many passions)

Got the Tiger MOJO back so will be hitting the sub zero shed to get out the big box of Tiger bits. Will be posting soon. Take Care all.

And to everybody out there in the Ether

Merry Christmas and a Happy Modelling New Year.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great to see you back mate.
You will notice photobucket has stolen images.
Please repost if you can
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi there welcome back hope to see your work so post some pictures when you can.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Howdy Guys,

Can we upload pics from a laptop location rather than a web located site?
Have heard Photosuckit are charging to let you use your own pictures!! Highway Robbery..stand and deliver or else!

Good to be back in the fold. Fellow modelles are the best. I get so depressed with facebook, about the state of the human race. But 5 minutes on a modelling foum restores my faith. Such positive, helpful, informative people. And funny and sarcastic as well. My kind of folks.

Off to investigate uploading pics. Laters x

Return to “Heng Long Builds”