ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Re: ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

Post by Abe Froman »

Shaun, you are so right...I think looking back that I was more interested in producing a work of art rather than an RC. Hoping it will be a work of art, just needs to live up to my minds image.

D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Abe Froman wrote:
DavidByrden wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
2. The watertight plate that is moulded onto the hull...should it be flat..Achtung shows it raised on lungs...does anyone have a pic of the real thing on a tiger?
The news is not good.

David
David, to be weirdly honest, that's what I thought so am up for it.

On the general Tiger, will be going for one of the non photographed ones :haha:

As you say...they can prove me wrong :D

Thanks for the pic ..great ref man

D
David...interesting the difference in thickness of the metal used for the tow cable tie down brackets...one way much thinner than the other...why would that be..is not a new built and the other original?

D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

OK since no one has answered ( is it because its now a static build? :think: )

I will cut this ring off

Last chance anyone to offer advice!

As poster earlier:

1. Test fitted the hull earlier and it sits way too high!

Do I just shave this ring off?

D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

ABE Hi, For goodness sake please do not touch that ring.
Check the seating of the turret and do make sure you have the turret mounting ring the right way up and in the correct position on the base of the turret. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
It's just that I have a pathological dislike for bad language and I promise that you will SWEAR when you discover your error after you shave the body flush.
shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Shaunus..I hear what you are saying bit everything is correct and this is the gap on the HL

And this is the 131 Tiger

On the real Tiger..maybe 1 or 2cm gap...

That ring is going dude..might replace it with a 10 thou ( 0.15mm ) ring just to create a realistic gap

D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

With regard to the ring, I have read somewhere that HL had to add this because the turret fouled on the tow cables because HL got the turret centre wrong ( hence we had to move it back 13mm )

That ring is a going

D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Milliput welds tomorrow.

Tarra a bit

D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Can you reduce the ring height and remove some material from the turret lower ?
Im sure there is also a thicknessing ring under the turret moulding that can be thinned, plus the hull ring height should give you the right look.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

ABE, As some members of this Forum will testify I have this thing about "Wing Nuts", amongst the places I fit them is on top of the barrel cleaning rod clamps and of course the turret has to clear them as well as the tools situated under the turret, and the tow ropes and tow rope clamps, at least do a dry run with these bits and pieces in place to see how much space is left before committing yourself. :wave: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Good call Shaun...will check the clearances before I shave away.

But if it does not clear then the whole thing is wrong because the real Tiger did clear everything.

I just do not like the huge gap and one way or another...its got to go..just me being anal. Its drives me mad but we all have to make compromises that we can live with when we look at it every day.

This is a no compromise for me.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”