ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Re: ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

Post by Abe Froman »

David...Black it is then...must be my wonky eyes :crazy:

Once again, Thanks David.

Alwyn and Herman...thanks for the kind words...from you guys it means a lot. :thumbup:

Busymodeller...must admit I never knew there was so much to a Tiger either!

Really enjoying this build.

Take Care all
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Shaun..missed your reply, came in while I was typing mine...

Thanks man...just ordered armani sun loungers for the crew...what the hell, they deserve it
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Who lives here? Lets look through the keyhole...

Right...that's enough of all that.

Onwards
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Completed the last of the interior features, the Commanders upper seat and release mechanism.

Time to seal up the turret.

The Turret and barrel, seems to be a bit front heavy so once its all glued up, I need to add some counter balance weight to the rear of the hull. So I drilled two holes into the bottom of the turret stowage bin, and poured in some superglue, then some lead shot, more glue, more lead shot etc and finally some more glue to seal it all. It adds about 190 grams to the rear of the turret and will be enough to level out the weight of the long barrel

That's all for now.

Bye
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Abe,

It's all looking so good through the hatches (and it really is) ... that you may be about to hate me for pointing out that the HL loader's hatch has issues. Whether or not you correct the shape of the aperture (and it's a small difference) the thickness of the turret roof needs reducing considerably.
The Tamiya loader's aperture transplanted onto the Heng Long turret.jpg
The Tamiya loader's aperture transplanted onto the Heng Long turret.jpg (29.87 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
View of the loaders hatch looking into the turret.jpg
View of the loaders hatch looking into the turret.jpg (25.91 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
What you should see through the open hatch is nothing more than the internal rim of the splash guard - this was bolted into a larger aperture in the turret roof.

At least this will show off more of your fantastic internal detail!
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Tanks FTM, you are a Hero, was just muttering to myself that it was time to get glueing the turret up...good job I checked in with the forum first.

Thanks Dude, will get that thickness off and go check your thread again..sometimes I get carried away and forget to check the reference. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Just to clarify - since my last email was sent late when I was a little 'tired' - this photo shows how much of the hull roof will still be seen:
Bovington Tiger with turret hatches open.jpg
Bovington Tiger with turret hatches open.jpg (34.74 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

TFTM...I was a little "Tired " too last night ;)

Have taken off the inner ring now, which with all the interior was a bit of a faff but got there in the end.

Next job..the tracks. As each link has a sink hole on the outer visible edge...I have to fill them

Each hole has had a blob of superglue put in..I then put the track length on a radiator and let it bake ( dry ) for a while.

Above photo is the second pass of superglue where the hole was not filled completely on pass one.

Then its level with a diamond modelling drill and hopefully VOILA

Its raining outside so it must be time to take my lad to play a football match..parents always love supporting their off spring for hours in the rain! :thumbdown: Hey Ho...off I go.

Laters.
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Lad played well...and we won 6-0 so worth getting drenched. We parents didn't even grizzle a bit...

Just realised that before I seal the turret..I need to mount the bracket for the Loaders hatch and because the hatch is fitted, then I cannot go the paint solder route as the surrounding plastic would melt so hopefully superglue will work.

Pis soon

Thanks for taking a peek
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

All

I can only apologise for my previous thread...just noticed it said

pis soon

whereas I meant to say

pics soon

So sorry for any offense