ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Re: ABE'S EARLY TIGER 1 BUILD

Post by Abe Froman »

TFTM...I guess we all have our individual quirks. You must know what it is like to look at a model, where a compromise was made and its is all you see every time you look at it!

I will have a go at the Aber if I have them ( bought so many bits I am forgetting what I have LOL ). Maybe when I test fit the Tamiya ones I might like them...who knows what I will find acceptable. Having spent time building a model, it has to be built for yourself..It doesn't matter in the end what others might be happy with, its what you will be happy with and we all go through that process before we deem something finished.

If I come up with an easy and cheap approach to the spiral tubes then I will have a bash..they might look rubbish in reality rather than in my head. If they work then its great, they will be on the tank...if they don't then its into compromise territory. We all compromise, we have too. Even when you buy top end stuff like Schumo, when you compare the parts to photographs, you can see that they are not always accurate and that they have had to make compromises based on manufacturing processes, materials and costs. Same with the Aber...its often way too thin scale wise, often even despite its tiny proportions...still too large scale wise...yet more compromises.

But then there,s the need to finish something so it does not take up your precious time for years on end. Its all an intricate balancing act played out time and time again in your head and finally your brain spits out a list of compromises you would find acceptable. My brain is still collating and will no doubt let me know the situation soon, so in the meantime I bash on.

Thanks for stopping by. In the next episode we investigate the effects of large manufacturing corporations on the natural environment of developing countries, in a programme entitled " Is Greed destroying our planet"

Laters
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you ABE, I shall order more ink and paper for my printer and book a week off work to prepare for your lecture, well done you sir, there is nowhere near enough discussion in depth on the subject, I hope you will excuse me for the minute as I am about to settle down to a day devoted to the pleasure of reading election manifesto's, I hope you don't object to me suggesting that a little more water with it would help. :haha: :haha: :haha: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Looking good. Early Tiger is going to be my next build too. Going to take lots of reference pics when I'm over bovington in June :)
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

jarndice wrote:Thank you ABE, I shall order more ink and paper for my printer and book a week off work to prepare for your lecture, well done you sir, there is nowhere near enough discussion in depth on the subject, I hope you will excuse me for the minute as I am about to settle down to a day devoted to the pleasure of reading election manifesto's, I hope you don't object to me suggesting that a little more water with it would help. :haha: :haha: :haha: shaun
Election Manifestos...now thats a subject on pure fiction, they may as well say

Everyone gets free energy, free NHS, free twiglets all year round and we will really...properly catch corporations for tax fraud instead of just pretending we are. We will also make sure fracking never goes ahead, that all elderly are properly looked after in their old age, that petrol will be 50p a litre and academy schools will be outlawed because they are a joke...

Don't get me started on politicians...
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

mike1268 wrote:Looking good. Early Tiger is going to be my next build too. Going to take lots of reference pics when I'm over bovington in June :)
Damn..hope to be finished by then..hey ho, they will no doubt illustrate my many mistakes :haha: Oh well..by then I will be building a 24.5 inch studio scale Thunderbird 1 :haha: :D
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Just on an Interested note, what are you guys making that is non RC tank?

Me:

Finishing off electrics on real gun parts Pulse Rifle, Moebius 1/72 ( Big One ) VTTBOTS Flying Sub, 29" Millennium Falcon, 1/72 Falcon diorama ( Bloody huge ) and studio scale UFO Shado mobile ( about 2 foot long )

Soon to be starting 22 inch Captain Scarlet SPV when my mate has finished the fiberglass bodies. Its good to be interested in other things too.

Did this recently

The speeder bike is perfectly balanced on a pin into the troopers thigh and just hovers. No one has done a 1/6th like this before. The speeder bike and trooper are Hasbro 1/6th toys, heavily modified and accurized. Soon to be appearing in a SciFi mag once I get the article written

Great fun to make other things and be a more rounded nutter! :haha:

Without a hobby, a man would be but a slave ( to the missus :haha: )
Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

BTW

Pulse Rifle

Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Post by Abe Froman »

Sorry to go off topic, just interested in what you chaps are also into
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I remember the first time I saw "Star Wars" apart from the fact that it was the first time I had ever been in a provincial cinema where at the end the whole audience stood up and clapped.
I who had just left HM Forces was startled to see the Storm Troopers armed with magazine free Sterling Sub Machine Guns!!
It came as a bit of a shock as just a few weeks before, my gang of "LOSERS" had been toting magazine equipped Sterlings in the course of their duty. :lolno: :lolno: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

All the gun in the original 3 films were modified real guns. You even see a sand trooper with an unmodifed MG34.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”