PANTHER G ZU-FUSS

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PANTHER G ZU-FUSS

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Appears to be Oct 16th so it took over 4 months to even get posted. Not real good from Asiatam, and not a word from them along the way.
Better late than never I get it, but this long :thumbdown: :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Four months! Wow! It takes a bit to get stuff from Germany here in the states but never that long. ( That I have seen ) Like you said, better late than never. :o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Yep, fair point. I suss'd out the rockets and they will work. But getting the very small ones is nigh impossible.
Still keen to try it though !!

Wouldnt believe it...............today, courier at the door.
DHL from Germany :wtf:

Bloody night fighting sight hardware from Asiatam :O :O :O

I got a spare set if anyone needs it, nice to have you give it up finally Mr Painless :haha: :haha:
ImageImageImageImage

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes its way to long. No idea why, Asiatam has a good name but burned me on delivery. Maybe it was paypal that whispered sweet threats in their ears...............I will never know.
There is a twighlight meeting of North Brisbane RC Tank Club tomorrow, and if Im not down trackside watching the V8 Supercars, I just might get along to it............(V8's, sun,girls, booze, sun, booze, girls........)

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/events/qu ... -coast-600

Ahem, I will be home tomorrow, er, resting 8)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well lads, this is the belated finish to the Panther Zu Fuss build.

Thanks for looking in, and for all the assistance, advice & comments.

Commanders night vision hardware fitted, dry brushed with black-green, cables added and lenses coated in clear red with a smoke coat over that.
I deem it plausible that the odd fabrications known to exist on only two vehicles, could have been for the mounting of rocket baskets of the SdkFz 251 Zu Fuss system.
Over all, very happy with the final result.

"May 1946, the western allies and Germany have joined together in an awkward, but necessary accord and turned East. Panther 'G's fitted with 380mm rockets, supported by once hostile aircraft and fueled by the Allied logistical effort push Eastward to counter a tough enemy. The decimated and defeated-but well motivated and still fairly well equipped German army, under SHAEF direction, have the firepower to match the big Soviet Tanks, and hoards of infantry. ME 262's streak through the sky, and the Horten HO 229 Delta-wing jet bombers join B 17's and B 29's in striking East"
Attachments
P1300174.JPG
P1300173.JPG
P1300172.JPG
P1300169.JPG
P1300168.JPG
P1300167.JPG
P1300166.JPG
P1300165.JPG
P1300164.JPG
P1300163.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

LOOKS GOOD! :thumbup: ...BEST ONE YET :clap: :clap:

The overall "dusting" really tied it all together :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
The dusting does tie everything together into one gorgeous package. As for your synopsis. Indeed, if only. Patton was right.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Great work. But how many do you build at one time? I have enough trouble with one.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ecam wrote:Great work. But how many do you build at one time? I have enough trouble with one.
One at a time mate, this one was technically unfinished as the thread stropped before I had got the commanders station done.
I really hate reading a build thread only to find there is no end to it !!....So many have begun builds and the work is great, only to just stop posting & leave us all hanging.

Had to complete the story so its finished.
Didnt mean for it to be a "submarine" either...................slides below the surface then pops up again in a different place, but had to in order to sign it off as done.
I still have to do the last little touches to the STuG build too, so I will have a few 'subs' and one current build on the front page.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Simon M
Lance Corporal

Post by Simon M »

I really like this, superb job

Return to “Heng Long Builds”