tiger 1 early production build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: tiger 1 early production build

Post by PershingLover »

I wish almost wish I had bought a Tiger! Nobody makes anything for the Pershing...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Not sure about some things but tracks and road wheel sets and .50 cals and other hull and turret details are out there. Some Tamiya sprue sets for the Pershing will help detail out yours very nicely.
regards,
Painless

P.S.: Apologies for the slight thread hi-jack!
Attachments
B-12 is clanking along again!.JPG
B-12 is clanking along again!.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon,
Not sure about some things but tracks and road wheel sets and .50 cals and other hull and turret details are out there. Some Tamiya sprue sets for the Pershing will help detail out yours very nicely.
regards,
Painless

P.S.: Apologies for the slight thread hi-jack!
No worries painless, Its nice to have some content other than tigers even though I love them Image

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

So convoy lights! I had wanted one for years and fully intended to buy one, but I though hang on a minute let's make my own! So first off let's delete the left and right moulded in convoy lights on the leng Hong ImageImageImage
Alakazam! Gone! Now I ordered some blue led's that came nicely pre wired, as I like to avoid the pain of soldering when I can Image

Am going to assume am 'authorised personnel' Image next I drilled and dremmeled out the nearside convoy light (only the center where the light will be, not the supports at the side) and made a light cover from the sleeve that goes over modeling paint brushes. Then made a small box from plasticard to house the led's on the back panel. I forgot to take photos of all this so you will have to take my word for it Image but here's the final pics ImageImage

Now am pretty sure if I had got smaller led's I could of fit 3 in to make that realistic 'too close you see all 3, too far you see one' look, but 2 will do Image ImageImage
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Got the chain on the feifal drain cover ImageImageImage
And the front/rear mount for top Hull
Securing with velcro ImageImageImageImage
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Very interesting, what you did with your convoy light!
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

PershingLover wrote:Very interesting, what you did with your convoy light!
Cheers PL it was a cheap skate work of genius Image

PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Yes, a work of genius! Saved some money, too? And considering late war German production, possibly accurate!
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Ha ha you could be right dude! Yeah the wecohe brass one is 24 euros and you still have to make it yourself! So best of both worlds :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Excellent work! The air cleaners and chains are fine examples of scratch building. Very nice creativity with the convoy light. I’ve read that despite common belief that original German convoy lights were green but after 70 years the lenses took on a blue tint. I probably research too much.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”