tiger 1 early production build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Re: tiger 1 early production build

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Jimster wrote:Excellent work! The air cleaners and chains are fine examples of scratch building. Very nice creativity with the convoy light. I’ve read that despite common belief that original German convoy lights were green but after 70 years the lenses took on a blue tint. I probably research too much.
Don't tell me that jimster there glued in now Image but in all honesty, blue looks cool and this is a perfectly persevered 78 year old tiger so it's ok the lights faded from green to blue ImageImage that's my excuse with the rivet counters ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:
Jimster wrote:Excellent work! The air cleaners and chains are fine examples of scratch building. Very nice creativity with the convoy light. I’ve read that despite common belief that original German convoy lights were green but after 70 years the lenses took on a blue tint. I probably research too much.
Don't tell me that jimster there glued in now Image but in all honesty, blue looks cool and this is a perfectly persevered 78 year old tiger so it's ok the lights faded from green to blue ImageImage that's my excuse with the rivet counters ImageImage

This subject of colour has come up a few times, the simple answer is from what I have learnt is it’s not clear if it was blue or green. It may be one of those details lost in history.

I do like the way you have mounted yours, that is a brilliant yet simple solution :wave:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Cheers WB44! Yeah we may never know, but as long as it look relatively realistic it's ok by me am not as super detailed as some of the builds on here, wish I was but I get by

Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

So who said removing the left hand aerial tube was easy! I read somewhere in here yonks ago you could just cut it/peel it off, well you can but you have to spend ages slicing along the bottom/side but after much precision slicing hey presto! Image

Quick sand and prep with tamiya Hull red
And fill in abit of the weld line ith some more milliput

ImageImage
German grey and-Image
You would never know it had been there!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”