Converting HL Panther "G" to a Late "A"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Converting HL Panther "G" to a Late "A"

Post by dgsselkirk »

Yea, I know, I take more pics than I should! :crazy: But when I am looking at other builds I really appreciate a lot of pics of details.
It is coming along pretty good now. The only time consumers left are the weld lines and tool frames and placement and the cross my fingers off to the paint shop in 2 weeks!
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Plenty of photos are the way forward and will help immeasurably for future builders!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:Yea, I know, I take more pics than I should! :crazy: But when I am looking at other builds I really appreciate a lot of pics of details.
It is coming along pretty good now. The only time consumers left are the weld lines and tool frames and placement and the cross my fingers off to the paint shop in 2 weeks!
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think: ...Sounds like a good half hour of work :haha: :haha: :haha: ....She'll be a nice defender of the bug once done :thumbup:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Even more pressure when you have to stand up to the flamboyant exposure of a chandelier filled ballroom mate !!!! :/
It would be that I should address you as the "Liberace" of the forum :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Nah, heres a more appropriate comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg

(sound track for the next meet ?)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Ha! Herman, you slay me...hehehe...

So scratch built my rear hatch. The plan is to have a crew hanging out of it even in battle and yes, will probably have him doing some rude gesture to my enemies as usual or maybe I will female crew again, a companion for Greta on my L70. Let me know what you'd like to see boys! :D

Oh, and I didn't forget the center hatch keyhole just forgot to take a pic... Also yes, will be cleaning up my hinge on the inside and shortening the copper pin and adding some bolt fixtures...
Panther A 227.jpg
Panther A 227.jpg (64.09 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Panther A 228.jpg
Panther A 228.jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Panther A 229.jpg
Panther A 229.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Panther A 230.jpg
Panther A 230.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Panther A 231.jpg
Panther A 231.jpg (47.35 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Panther A 232.jpg
Panther A 232.jpg (60.1 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

FAN TAB U LOUS dgsellkirk :thumbup:

ALPHA
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

...and the next phase all the tool and track racks. This is for sure the most complicated detail on this vehicle. The Panther "A"s have a different configuration than the "G"s so this required some fill ins on the zim since the Atak kit is made for the Tamiya G. I used a different pattern that I had a sheet of for the bottom hull which left me with plenty of extra to do these fill ins and touch ups. you won't really see the fixes once paint is on. Suffice is to say it is taking a LOT of time to create these from scratch. Reference, measuring, fabricating the frames and small extras and then my favourite thing in the world to do PE!!! also basically rebuilding tools to make them look better whether from scratch like the pry bar or just trimming and filing like the axe, or in between where I took the Pantiger shovel and modified it to a different look just to be different. I find most of the HL tools are just slightly over scale so "thinning them down" makes them look better I think.
Having said that I think the effort will be worthwhile as it adds so much to a model. I am waiting for some scale chain to finish up this first bracket but thought I would post the picks of the frame empty and then with the tools on. The PE will be operational I think. I did an extra 10 clamps for when I inevitably loose one or 2!
Attachments
Panther A 240.jpg
Panther A 240.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 239.jpg
Panther A 239.jpg (63.55 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 238.jpg
Panther A 238.jpg (51.68 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 237.jpg
Panther A 237.jpg (57.29 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 236.jpg
Panther A 236.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 235.jpg
Panther A 235.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 234.jpg
Panther A 234.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Panther A 233.jpg
Panther A 233.jpg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Oh, but it was time well spent! The tools and mounts look excellent. :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Second that mate, but as per your own standard................no padlocks ?? ;)

The long unseen jack burglars that also stole Mr Canned's outer roadwheels might start on your gear if let to go unchecked :/ :haha: :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Somebody already stole their issue shovel and they had to replace it. Padlocks might not be a bad idea.... :D

Return to “Heng Long Builds”