"PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: "PRODUCTION" TURRET KING TIGER

Post by Jake79 »

Tiggr wrote:Mr B, this is not meant to be a frivolous question, but when you did the "octopus sucker" patern, did you fashion a paint stamp out of a potato ? 8O

On the continuing HL twin sound board saga, I now have everything functioning with the exception of the main gun.
I will crack this...... @)
Frankie seemed to pick these new H/L boards up, put them in his Shermans without hassle..so what's he doing that you guy's aren't?
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Mr Tiggr all those rings were hand painted. All 211 of them !

Good work on your electrical progress, please keep records
You counted them.....OCD. Lol it does look stunning Mr B
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jake79 wrote:
Tiggr wrote:Mr B, this is not meant to be a frivolous question, but when you did the "octopus sucker" patern, did you fashion a paint stamp out of a potato ? 8O

On the continuing HL twin sound board saga, I now have everything functioning with the exception of the main gun.
I will crack this...... @)
Frankie seemed to pick these new H/L boards up, put them in his Shermans without hassle..so what's he doing that you guy's aren't?
Yes, I have noticed that. Mr Frank-if youre looking in, are you able to do an expo on how you get yours to fully function please, we sure could use the help.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

At the risk of being a 'submarine' I am having a go at a few re-do's on this.

Got hold of a new H/L board and bound it to the original Tx I had that went sadly pear shaped.
Now I have a PzIII munitionschlepper with reeeeeeeally sweet sounding tunes, that thankfully does not need any rotation, elevation or any other function outside of track operation :/ and the same Tx can also run the KT with its new board.

As this is an H/L version with BB, It has no recoil, so without the cannon fire function it doesn't have that awful track recoil happening and all things being equal, all the other usual expectations are no great loss really.he new board has the switchable sounds, same as the one I now have it the PzIII.

First mission is to fit the bigger speaker, and ensure the hull fits back where it should.
Next will be to replace the elevation unit, as it appears to be badly malfunctioning.
Makes the noise, but the sound of grinding gears is most disconcerting :problem:

Once I get the turret off, I might also slice the forward hatches off & replace them with working versions.
A bit harder now the thing is complete with tools and the like, but as its often said

"are they ever really finished" ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

I'll be following with interest Mr B.
My HL dual sound unit is still in my KT. Still haven't sorted the main gun function yet but everything else is working as it should.
I just need to fiddle round with three of the wires on the eight pin plug.

Expecting another KT to be delivered on Monday.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well, I tore the thing apart. The elevation motor stripped a gear so was binned & replaced with the one I had out of the Jagdtiger.
The original BB unit was well in the way of an ideal speaker position, so , the razor saw soon took care of that as well !
I softened the spring that supports & follows the elevation on the breach so that it allows more depression, and doesnt load up the elevation motor.
I now have less elevation, but as there was way too much to begin with, its about scale-right now.
All required functions work apart from the main gun fire, but as its not a recoil unit, who cares.
At some other point in the time-space continuum it may get a fancier control unit including a recoil system, but for now using the new version H/L is a huge improvement.

I got busy with the wash, and a pencil to create a bit more feature.

The tracks are going to be replaced soon with better ones, but these will go for now.
Attachments
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
KevJ
Recruit

Post by KevJ »

Hi Herman a very very fine build its been interesting this tank develops through the different build stages. Excellent paint job pure genius mate. :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Kev, its getting a run at tank club tomorrow, so I will see how it ends up with the natural dust we get on our tanks.
I am trying to tee up a commander for it too.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Whooo, I almost missed out on that. What a cute tank. Sooo tempting.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

great job herman

on close inspection those octo rings look quite aboriginal Sooperb tank m8 :thumbup:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”